“Great seafood platter” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blacketts of Bamburgh - CLOSED

Blacketts of Bamburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A very special little restaurant in the heart of bamburgh with a wide selection of dishes to choose from
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My friend and i visited blacketts last week and we weren't disappointed!we shared the seafood platter which i must say was absolutely beautiful,it also included their homemade fish cakes,would definitely recommend!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Steak !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

A cold, wet, February, Monday in Bamburgh was transformed by a warm welcome and a lovely meal at Blacketts. Try the steak - locally sourced and well prepared and the local (Myland ?) ale. Simple food, prepared with care and served with genuine hospitality by the staff. Hearty, wholesome and just the job after a long walk on the beach earlier in the day.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Something Quirkey!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

A spot of retail therapy and it was difficult not to thrash the credit card, Although I did try and am going back with a couple of stocking fillers!!

Visited September 2013
Newcastle, England
“Lovely food and great portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family and I for the last few years have spent time in Beadnell and have dined in most places around Beadnell and Seahouses we decided to try Bamburgh. We found Blacketts and it looked inviting and not pub food so a nice change.

The staff were friendly and great with the kids too. My daughter had the tomato and red pepper soup, all freshly made and very tasty. I had the butternut squash risotto again fresh and nice portion and well presented. My husband had the lasagne and garlic bread which he enjoyed. We all indulged in dessert! They scooped ice cream into tubs and let the children choose their sauces and sprinkles, I had chocolate tort and my husband a cheese cake all of which were home made and very naughty!

All in all we had a lovely filling meal in nice surroundings. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and make sure you are hungry.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank cantfindone
Skegness, United Kingdom
“Bland Bamburgh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

It's rare for me to give a poor review - mainly because we're normally very lucky with the places we eat out in. This was the worst meal we've experienced in 5 years of holidaying in the UK. I was curious to see the mixture of good and poor reviews and was hoping the former would win out but we were really disappointed. We won't be back.

• Visited September 2013