Sandy Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Eshott Hall(Eshott)
$143
$139
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$79
$67
HolidayInn.com
$152
$112
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
$71
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
1,093 results
All reviewsbronze caravanteam starsentertainment teamsandy bay holiday parkfamily holidaylovely beachgreat holidayevening entertainmentfish shoppool stafflife guardsgreat parkcaravan holidaylovely caravancentral heatinglong weekendsecurity staff
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our friends have a caravan here and went for 4 days and had a great time!! The staff especially are brilliant with the kids and great entertainment for adults too!!! Thanks again Geoff, Aj, Ricky, Kieran and Grace you do a great job and we will be back!! Xx

• Stayed: April 2014
Park R, General Manager at Sandy Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hi Vicky and thank you very much for your kind words and feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that the team excelled for you with regards to the entertainment and I will pass on your kind words to them all and I am sure that they will be thrilled. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you again for your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We take caravan breaks 2 - 3 times a year and last visited Sandy Bay about 4 years ago. We took a Gold graded caravan for the multi room heating as it can be quite cold at this time of year. Check in was from 1.30pm. All went well at check in, quick process and friendly staff (Paul). On arrival at the van we were happy with the age/condition of the van. The surfaces on the table and worktops had not been cleaned properly and the glass coffee table in the van didn't look very clean. That aside the beds were made up with crisp white linen. The en suite and bathroom were both clean. I cook on holiday and noticed that there were no kitchen knives at all only cutlery ones. There was also no baking tray in the oven. I phoned reception and they advised that they would get housekeeping to deal with it. Later housekeeping turned up with 1 small veg prep knife and a baking tray. I spoke to reception again and asked for a proper set of kitchen knives to allow me to cut chicken and crusty bread as the one given to me was of no use for that purpose. A further 2 larger knives were sourced for me.

We did not use the on site facilities but they looked good. The site was clean and tidy.

Overall we had a good holiday in a lovely van. My only issue is that as it is a self catering holiday a proper inventory check should be completed prior to releasing the keys to ensure that the basics are available which should include kitchen knives and that all surfaces should be properly cleaned.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Sandy Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sure that the quality of your stay is very important to you as you have a couple of caravan holidays a year and I can only apologise with the level of inventory and that some items were missing. I will speak with the Accommodation Manager straight away and ensure that every unit is checked thoroughly and as a keen cook myself I am sure it was very frustrating for you so once again please accept my apologies.

I do thank you for letting us know because it is only from feedback such as yours that we can improve our service moving forward. It is great that you had a good time with us all here at Sandybay and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Dog walkers paradise is touring caravan owners nightmare... The dog foul meant we didn't feel we could let our children play outside the caravan.
The facilities are there... But very basic! The showers were hot, but portacabin unappealing.
Similarly, the swimming pool was lovely, but changing facilities massively lacking - dirty and inadequate for the number of swimmers.
Not for us!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Noosteroonie

Thank you for your feedback on you recent stay with us here at Sandybay and I am sorry that the facilities didn't meet with your expectations on this occasion and this is most disappointing.

I am sorry to hear the issue with regards to the dogs fouling and I will speak with the touring warden straight away to ensure that he is enforcing the rules and I will also look to add another dog bin. We do encourage all dog owners clean up after their pets and it is always disappointing when this doesn’t happen. The touring facilities have had some time spent on them on the interior this year and really improved the showers and toilet area. We have just about finished the exterior and we are looking at a potential new block for next season.

I take on board your comments about the swimming pool and it will be something that we look at in the future and I thank you for your comments.

You are right it’s a beautiful location and we will use your comments to learn how to improve the park moving forward and we always encourage all our guests to leave feedback both good and bad so that we can continually improve on the service we provide so thank you for your comments.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We took our daughter here for the 2nd time, and again we enjpyed ourselves alot more than we did the first time. the entertainment for the children is spot on, no issues at all, cant fault it. The entertainment staff themselves made our holiday without a doubt, they were great with us and the children.

Big Thanks goes to AJ, Geoff, Ricky, Kieran and Grace. You all made our holiday one i will remember for a long time to come!

Looking forward to booking to go back again, very soon.

Room Tip: Silver+ Caravan was absolutely brilliant.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Glen8990

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent holiday with us here at Sandybay. It goes without saying that we love to hear these types of comments and I will make sure that the Entertainment team hear about how they made your holiday special and created some amazing memories for you all. It is great that you and your family had such a great time and we hope to see you all back to see us soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Booked for a weekend away in a silver plus, wasn't a very nice van. Absolutely stank of wet dog, carpet was minging and bedrooms were damp! There was still chips in the freezer, rubbish in the bin and a dirty toilet! Not my idea of silver plus standard to be honest! We booked this van solely for the heating throughout, the promise of beds been made upon arrival and the fact no dogs were allowed.....1 out of 3 wasn't bad! The reception were quick to send someone out about the beds....who left a linen pack on the caravan step. Great customer service!
The location of the park is fab, we spent time out and about at various attractions and down on the beach. Didn't really spend much time in the complex but on the 1 night we did we found the entertainment staff to be great, lively and very entertaining for the kids.
We visited the swimming pool which was lovely and warm and not too over crowded. It was also well staffed with friendly lifeguards.
All in all a good family break for us to start the Easter holidays, the park itself is well maintained and clean. Just a shame the same couldn't be said about the standards of caravans. It was our first time at a park resorts site as we always go to haven sites, unfortunately if the van standard is consistent throughout....we will stick to haven in the future!

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank sun_worshipper66
Park R, General Manager at Sandy Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your stay at Sandybay. Firstly I am sorry that you found the condition of your caravan not to your satisfaction on arrival. It seems that we have let you down in this instance and I can only apologise for your disappointment. I have spoken with the housekeeping team with regards to your review and they apologise and have put extra procedures in place to ensure that this will not happen again.

Sandybay is in a great location to explore and the surrounding area is beautiful and I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the entertainment and will pass on your lovely comments to the team. The pool is lovely and warm and is never to overcrowded and please be assured I will pass your comments onto the lifeguards who will be thrilled to hear them.

I am so pleased that your weekend was a good family break even with the accommodation issues and really do hope that you will not judge us too harshly in this instance and come back and see us or one of our other Park Resorts park so that we can demonstrate our usual high standards.