“Great Start - Poor Finish”
Review of La Vita - CLOSED

La Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant in ashington
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Visited Amearetto with a friend and our children as her past experience was always positive. Great start to our meal, excellent service from friendly staff. Starter was fantastic and tasted delicious, We thought 'yes, this is really good' until I ordered a Vegetable Pizza for my main which came and looked and tasted great, however, half way through it I noticed a piece of chicken firmly planted in the pizza I had left.......this pizza was a vegetarian option!!!!!! I spoke to the waiter immediately and he apologised and said he was sorry and that he wouldn't be charging me for it. As everybody else was happy with their meals and the service up until then had been impeccable I agreed and said no more about it. We all carried on with our desserts and then asked for the bill and low and behold I got charged for the vegetarian pizza which wasn't vegetarian. Not wanting to create a scene in front of our children and other diners I just paid the bill and left but unfortunately, it will stop me probably from visiting there again which is a shame as they food and service were great for the most part.

1  Thank Philvis

Reviewed July 17, 2012

lunch time special 3 courses for £4.95

well worth it and great food and service...

will def go back sometime

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Me and my husband decided to go for a meal around 4.30pm on a Saturday. The staff all were great service was spot on. Food is from another planet so nice !! I will be going back and will ask my friends and family to come with me next time ! Best food and service around !! Very nice inside too !

Reviewed June 8, 2012

visited here a few times now and have never had a problem with the food but the service is quite poor. the staff are very friendly and helpful but just so slow.

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Love thé food this place is à god send for ashington people who want somewhere nice to eat drink and chat. I recommend the chicken valdostana. Sunday Dinner was cheap but not good maybe because we went late. I will try again but it was very poor cold and we got burnt bits.