The Treehouse Restaurant at the Alnwick Garden
Ranked #18 of 119 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Treehouse is one of the most magical and unique restaurants to be found anywhere in the world. It’s high up in the treetops, with a roaring log fire in the centre of the room and trees growing through the floor. Most importantly, the locally-inspired food is delicious. Always featuring local fish and seafood, meats from Northumberland’s farmlands and other regional specialities, the Treehouse Restaurant menus highlight local quality, taste and change throughout the seasons. There’s a great wine list, a good range of beers and regular live music. For a family dining experience that you’ll all enjoy, a great night out with friends or a romantic dinner for two, there’s nowhere quite like it. We always recommend booking ahead for lunch or dinner.
Manchester
“magical”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Our party of six visited this place on Sunday night, we had seen reviews and website and it looked so unusual and different we just had to try it, we weren't disappointed. The place is magical, we went to the restaurant during the day as we were in the gardens anyway and because the menu was quite limited I asked if they could check with the chef which meals were gluten free as my husband has coeliac disease, when we went back in the evening they had typed up a special menu for him, basically the same dishes but adapted so as not to contain wheat/gluten, i thought this was really good as believe me you don't get that in all restaurants. All the dishes we had were very good and I thought the prices were not too bad for a decent restaurant. But the star of the show has to be the venue itself, what a great idea to have a restaurant in a treehouse, something a bit diffferent.

Visited January 2011

York, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal for a special occasion”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Went for my wife's birhtday. Excellent food and service and superb atmosprere. Good local cuisine and would return at any time.

Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A magical meal”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My friend and I ate at The Treehouse on Friday 1st Oct. The approach through Alnwick Garden was breathtaking as there was a wedding on. The service and food at TheTreehouse were excellent - we'll be back!

E Midlands
“Atmospheric and romantic”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I don't think I would have particularly cared WHAT the food was like here - the atmosphere is so magical. My husband and I had the complementary breads, soup of the day (tomato and red pepper), prawn, crayfish and avocado salad followed by black bream on cauliflower, pea and parmesan risotto and split pea cakes with coconut curry sauce. For dessert we shared a sticky toffee pudding with rum and raisin ice cream - one portion was enough for two people! It was all cooked well and presented appealingly.
My only disappointment was that no mints or chocolates came with the coffee, as you would expect from a restaurant of that quality/price range.
The live musicians added to the folky, natural atmosphere, and we bought their CD of Northumbrian smallpipes and fiddle music.
Overall, a very special night in a very special location.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great venue, but very disappointing food.”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We booked a table at the Treehouse in Alnwick Gardens as it just seemed like a fun place to eat. The venue lived up to expectations; it verged on magical inside. There was a roaring fire in the centre of the restaurant and fairy lights everywhere. It was picture perfect.

I have to say that the food was very disappointing and certainly didn’t represent good value for money. It you are a remotely “foody” person, give this restaurant a miss as the food was very bland, under-seasoned and although it was presented well, it was a let down. I wouldn’t go back. I would, however, recommend a yummy scone from one of the tearooms in the garden instead!

1 Thank Skunkerhoney