“Excellent fresh fish and chips and great value”
Review of Carlo's

Carlo's
Ranked #16 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fresh fish and chips and great value”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We couldn't fault the fish and chips we had in Carlo's when we visited Alnwick while in the area seeing family. We went on a recommendation and weren't disappointed - cooked to perfection and with good service, we will be back!

• Visited December 2013

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“As good as you will find anywhere”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have eaten fish and chips all over the UK, Rick Steins in Padstow, The Magpie in Whitby and many more and Carlos is equal to them and better than anything else in Northumberland. Great light batter around fresh fillets of cod or haddock.

• Visited November 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Top Marks”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Carlo's was a great find. We had been travelling from London to Alnwick all day and when we arrived, we took a walk through the town to stretch our legs and find somewhere to have an early supper. We came upon Carlo's and thought we would give it a try. Apparently, only 2% of the nation's chippies hold 5-star fish and chip quality award and this is one of them. Deservedly so. I had cod, chips and mushy peas, a slice of bread and a cup of tea in the downstairs part of the restaurant. The fish was fresh, perfectly cooked in a light batter, the chips were 'real' chips, chunky, golden and not greasy and the mushy peas completed an excellent example of how good fish and chips can be. The restaurant was clean, bright and unfussy, the staff jolly and friendly. Carlo's also takes care to buy their fish from suppliers who are committed to maintaining sustainable fish stocks which is admirable in my book.

• Visited September 2013
Seahouses, Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips in Alnwick (in my opinion)”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Occasionally use this fish and chip shop when I'm passing through Alnwick. The place is always lovely and clean and although I have never 'sat inside' for a meal for a long time, the service at the take away counter is excellent. The fish is cooked to order more times than not and the batter is light and crispy. The chips are not greasy and are nice and chunky. I aslo find that the cost is very reasonable and you have a choice of 3 sizes of chips. Always plenty of people sitting in the restaurant downstairs but I have to admit I have never been upstairs.

• Visited September 2013
Scotland
“Best fish and chips ever”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Sat in the restaurant upstairs on Tuesday night and ordered 3 Carlos Specials, which was fish and chips with mushy peas, tea, bread and butter at a very reasonable £7.95 each and it was absolutely delicious. I had the haddock and my husband and friend both had the cod. It was so fresh and the batter on the fish was light and crisp, not greasy. Best fish and chips I've tasted and the portions were huge.

Visited October 2013