“Relaxed lunch”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have visited the White Swan three times. This visit was for lunch during a long day trip to Northumberland. We enjoyed a quiet lunch in the brasserie/bar. We had not booked, and midweek it was not busy. The food was good and well served by friendly staff. All was as we hoped/expected and we shall definitely be lunching here next time we are in Alnwick, which is a comparatively frequent destination.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

A lovely Sunday lunch was enjoyed at The White Swan. Very good food and great service, highly recommended.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I visited with my husband and parents for afternoon tea. I was hoping that we'd be seated in the Olympic room but we were in a bar area. It was pleasant and quiet and we were able to look in the dining room before leaving.
The service was excellent, our waitress was attentive and polite and I couldn't fault her in any way.
The afternoon tea was average, pleasant enough but not brilliant. The sandwiches were good (smoked salmon, cheese and cucumber, chicken, ham) and the cakes were nice, 2 pieces of carrot and 2 pieces of chocolate with 4 scones. The jam and cream serving was really small for 4 people and although the cakes were good an afternoon tea usually has a selection of small things rather than a big slice per person.
So it was fine but really it was lunch with a small sandwich and a piece of cake each which wasn't what I wanted when I booked it.
I wouldn't rush back but at the same time I wouldn't say 'avoid' it was just average.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Nothing was too much trouble. Kind and attentive service, and helpful adaptations for dietary requirements.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The white swan has a room which is a replica of the state room of the sister ship of the titanic. The Bondgate restaurant has nice service and a nice coffee.