“Great base for touring Northumberland”
other travelers have booked this property
This inglenook fire place was rediscovered and restored in 2013.
The Snug 'Quiet Lounge' great for reading and talking. Magazines, games, and a wide variety of books Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Master Bedroom
Bright kitchen with fully integrated appliances.
Ground floor and outdoor space plan. Patio is exclusive to this property.
First floor plan
Georgian features
Family/TV Room just off the kitchen. Keep an eye on the kids and the kettle!
Family bathroom with power shower
Ensuite with large power shower
The butterfly bedroom gets the morning sun
The blue bedroom gets the sunset
Best town to live in Britain 2013
Private patio with BBQ and seating for six.
This whole area is exclusive to Percy Cottage
Fresh herbs for your use
Two gated areas to keep dogs safe!
Don't take it from me, here's what our guests say
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
captainma...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great base for touring Northumberland”
Reviewed May 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Light, bright and comfortable house just a stone's throw away from Alnwick Castle and central for touring whole area. Very well equipped with loads of useful literature and guides and although it had no designated parking we had no problem parking just across the road on every day of our stay. Morrison's Supermarket is a short walk away and for an evening meal out at reasonable prices I can recommend Dirty Bottles and Black Swan in town. Would definitely return next time we are up that way.

May 13, 2017
Thank you for such a wonderful review. You are most welcome to return any time just let me know. Warm regards, Yvonne.
Yvonnet_1...
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice house”
Reviewed April 24, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is a very pleasant, comfortable house, situated very near to Alnwick Castle, which was perfect for us, as we were going to a wedding there.. We had an enjoyable week visiting various local attractions - we are from Durham, so many of them are familiar to us, but it was nice not to have the long drive. We especially enjoyed Cragside! There were just a couple of "niggles" which prevent me from giving the house 5 stars. We were 6 adults, and found only having one set of keys between us a bit inconvenient. We all felt guilty about not being able to recycle things. We were told that this is not possible. I believe that the owner has had a bad experience in the past which makes it impossible for her to provide this facility, but we are so used to recycling a lot nowadays that it felt strange. The other thing that surprised us was that there were no logs at all for the wood-burning stove. I have usually found that in holiday lets, some logs are provided initially, and if we use them up, we must buy some more. Since the weather was quite chilly, coupled with the fact that the gas fire does not work ( according to the guest book, this has been a problem for a while) we did feel that some wood should have been there. We were able to buy some however, and enjoyed the stove! Apart from these points, I have no other negatives to mention, and would definitely recommend this cottage to anyone wishing to stay in Alnwick town.

May 1, 2017
Thank you Yvonne for your review and I'm so happy that the house worked out for you for your son's wedding. For the benefit of potential guests reading your review I'd like to address a few of the points.

There is only one set of keys on a key ring for daily use left in the house. However, most guests use the unique entry code to the keysafe at the front door which contains an additional key if they need it. This is of course the way you accessed the house in the first instance.

Regarding the logs this, I'm afraid, was an oversight and has been pointed out to the changeover staff. Logs should have been made available.

And finally recycling. Yes we have had a bad experience with guests from different councils handing the recycling in a manner not appropriate for Northumberland so that it would not be collected. This was despite very clear (and visual) signs on the bin itself. We too are very keen at recycling and that is why we provide information in the guest book of all the recycling sites in Alnwick some of which within a few minutes walk of the house. Personally when we stay we collect our recycling and drop it at the Household Waste site which is on the way out of down by the A1.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our house. We hope that guests feel like it is a second home and try our best to provide information so that you can find and use all the local amenities and facilities available as you would be near your own home.

Kind regards, Yvonne
ned9077
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed April 4, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

percy cottage is ideally situated for access to the market place and shops also the bus station. For us that was great as we had travelled by train. It is a charming spacious family house, well equiped and comfortable. Ynonne was most obliging and helpful about check in time.Plenty of walks by the river and also lots of lovely villages to visit close by. I would have no problem recommending Percy cottage to my friends and family

Apr 15, 2017
Thank you so much for the lovely review. You are welcome back any time. Kind regards, Yvonne
buddhistd...
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Very dog friendly”
Reviewed March 10, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We have 2 small dogs, so have always booked dog friendly cottages on our regular trips to Northumberland. This was the most dog friendly cottage we have ever booked - they had everything, even poo bags! Yet the property was spotless & would have been no problem for anyone who does not have dogs. A real bonus was that the cottage has 2 lounges, so when 6 of you go like us, you can always retreat into another lounge for more privacy. The cottage was in walking distance of Alnwick town centre which was great - slight downside to this was that there was only street parking - no problem for us over a quite weekend in March, but might be a problem at busier times of the season.

Mar 12, 2017
Hi - thank you for the lovely review - we are indeed dog owners and lovers so know what is important in that respect. For anyone reading this review I'd ask that they look at previous reviews during peak season as I've never had a single guest experience parking issues - and quite a few come with 2 cars. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves and hope to welcome you back soon. Yvonne
Lesley An...
Shanghai, China
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 26, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We rented this property with our two teenage kids over Christmas. it was perfect in every way, from the little details like Christmas decorations, welcome basket etc. the location was perfect so easy to stroll into the lovely town of Alnwick and then such a comfortable home from home place to stay.

Feb 27, 2017
Thank you Lesley, I'm so glad you all enjoyed your Christmas in the UK - especially as if I remember rightly it was the first for the kids here. You are welcome back anytime. All the best. Yvonne
ab42stu
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Smashing”
Reviewed February 5, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Used the house as a base for my daughters wedding couldnt have been better, the owner offered every assistance we had a great time thanks so much.

Feb 6, 2017
I'm so glad everything went well and you have a lovely day after so much planning. Take care and please come back soon. Warm regards. Yvonne
Clare R
Coventry, United Kingdom
“New Year in Alnwick”
Reviewed January 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The front door opens into a warm and welcoming house in the beautiful town of Alnwick. Very well equipped throughout with lots of useful information on where to go and what to do. Parking on street easy and free. Morrisons is a 3-minute walk away - castle is just around the corner. We were lucky with the weather and explored Northumberland on foot every day of our visit - the vistas are stunning. Many of the castles and stately homes are shut this time of year but we could admire them from the outside as we walked past on our hikes.
Will definitely go back as so much still to see!

Jan 7, 2017
Clare - I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Next time you'll have to come in the spring/summer when all of the houses are open. You will of course be most welcome in our home. Warm regards, Yvonne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing