“Great holiday cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
This inglenook fire place was rediscovered and restored in 2013.
The Snug 'Quiet Lounge' great for reading and talking. Magazines, games, and a wide variety of books Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Master Bedroom
Bright kitchen with fully integrated appliances.
Ground floor and outdoor space plan. Patio is exclusive to this property.
First floor plan
Georgian features
Family/TV Room just off the kitchen. Keep an eye on the kids and the kettle!
Family bathroom with power shower
Ensuite with large power shower
The butterfly bedroom gets the morning sun
The blue bedroom gets the sunset
Best town to live in Britain 2013
Private patio with BBQ and seating for six.
This whole area is exclusive to Percy Cottage
Fresh herbs for your use
Two gated areas to keep dogs safe!
Don't take it from me, here's what our guests say
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Had a great weeks holiday at Percy Cottage which is located in Alnwick near to the Castle and a short walk to the main shopping area in the high street. It was easy to book and Yvonne the owner replied promptly to all our questions that we asked before booking. The accommodation was modern, spacious and clean with everything we required and more. Home from home! Parking was no problem, we managed to park across the other side of the road from the cottage, but there was also plenty of parking round the corner. There was an enclosed garden/patio at the back of the property, safe for children or dogs. Alnwick itself is well situated for visiting the coast or in-land, we managed to visit Amble, Seahouses, Bambrugh, Holy Island as well as Cragside during our stay but still lots more to see and do. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely considering going back again.

Liked best: Modern amenities, location
Liked least: Access to the back of the property, which we did not use
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Oct 3, 2016
Thank you so much for the review and painting such a lovely picture for future guests. Just let me know when you're ready to come back and do all those things you couldn't squeeze in first time. Warm regards, Yvonne
briansugd...
Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Very pleased with this holiday let, it was everything we hoped for. Well positioned very close to Alnwick Castle, and just a short stroll into the town centre for the pubs and restaurants. We ate out every night and found the standard of food excellent in a number of different restaurants. The house itself was very comfortable, with a well equipped kitchen; two relaxing living rooms and excellent showers. We were lucky with the weather, but had it been poor there were plenty of videos/DVDs available also. Alnwick itself is a good base to explore the delights of Northumberland, and we would certainly return to this cottage and the area in the future.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Sep 10, 2016
Hi Brian - I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our home. You are welcome to come back anytime, just let me know. Warm regards, Yvonne
Stuart V
“Excellent accomodation and great location.”
Reviewed August 19, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We travelled in August with our 3 children and loved Percy Cottage. The cottage itself is much bigger than the photos suggest on tripadvisor. The bedrooms were spacious and having two showers was a bonus. the Wi-Fi worked well with no issues. Parking was never an issue even with the nursery across the road and we always managed to find a parking space. In terms of location it literally is 2 minutes walk from the castle and about 5 minutes from the gardens. Morrison's super market was up the road which was convenient for food etc. There were plenty of decent places to eat in Alnwick. There are numerous beaches to visit (our favourites included Bamburgh, Low Newton and Seahouses) and plenty of castles/ruins/museums. Cragside was about 25 minutes drive away and was the best stately house we've ever been to - you can easily spend a whole day there. Overall we had a fantastic holiday and Percy cottage was an excellent base.

Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Aug 21, 2016
Thank you for your great comments Stuart, I'm sure other guests will find them very helpful. I look forward to welcoming you and the children back anytime. Kind regards, Yvonne.
13do13
Southport, United Kingdom
“Well Appointed Cottage - Ideal Location”
Reviewed July 12, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Cottage was clean, tidy and well presented. Well positioned for exploring the local area, coast line etc and beyond. Would highly recommend a trip to the lighthouse on the Farne Islands (departs from Seahouses), skippered by "George." We also pre-booked an off peak return day trip, by train, to Edinburgh, for four adults. Only cost £44.00 in total - very good value and the station is only a few miles outside Alnwick.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not applicable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 13, 2016
Great tips for trips! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm regards Yvonne
MrsRR
Glasgow
“Fabulous holiday home ”
Reviewed July 8, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Percy cottage is a fabulous holiday home. It has everything you need to make your stay comfortable. We've just spent a brilliant week here exploring Alnwick and the surrounding area and never ran out of things to do. The owner gives you lots of information and recommendations for places to eat. In addition to this we discovered cafe tirrenno, an Italian restaurant across from the playhouse. They were great value, especially for kids and had great food and service. A lovely part of the world!

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the lovely review Rebecca, I look forward to you visiting again. (And I can't wait to try the Italian on our next visit.) Warm regards, Yvonne
Denise H
“We had a fantastic holiday in this beautiful cottage”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

As soon as we walked in to this cottage I knew that I had made a wonderful choice. It is so lovely and bright, clean and very very comfortable, Yvonne has thought of everything that you could possibly want in a home away from home. The location was perfect, I loved being round the corner from the castle and so near to all the quaint coastal villages and many very interesting castles (which I just loved to wander round and imagine what life was like in those days). I have fallen completely in love with Northumberland and this was a superb base, Thank you Yvonne I had a very memorable holiday in your beautiful house. I would go back tomorrow if I could!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was everything I expected and much much more
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Jun 22, 2016
Thank you so much Denise for the wonderful review. I hope you'll come back soon. Warmest regards, Yvonne.
Jannetty
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great base for exploring the Northumberland coast”
Reviewed May 22, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We thought the cottage was lovely and a great base from which to explore the coastal area as well as Alnwick. We were lucky with dry weather, sunshine and blue skies but still a bit chilly. The cottage was warm and welcoming, we could have lit a fire if we had wanted to but we didn't need it, thanks for the welcome bottle of wine Yvonne! Four of us all adults managed to pack in quite a lot in just a week but everybody we met told us to return at other times of the year to see Northumberland at different seasons and we met several people who return regularly, you can find out quite a lot from people out walking their dogs. Highlights included Alnwick Castle, particularly the gardens, impressive views of Bamburgh Castle and Dunstanburgh Castle, beach walks, Barter Books, Farne Islands tour, Cragside and Rothbury (and the stunning scenery to get there), dinner at the Mizen Head and dinner on our last evening at the Tree House, Chinese takeaway from Yan's, fish and chips, pub lunch at the Jolly Fisherman at Craster. We also fitted in a visit to Housesteads and Hadrian's Wall on the way home. You will find at the cottage lots of leaflets and info about places to visit, the only difficulty is working out how to fit them all in!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfortable cottage, excellent location
Traveling group: Friends
May 23, 2016
Thanks for the great review. Let me know when you want to come back you will be most welcome!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing