“ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT!”

Description: Contemporary and stylish, laid-back
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was just visiting Alnwick for the day and we came across this little cafe. I ordered the soup of the day - sweet potato and red pepper, while my friends ordered paninis. The paninis were great too but I couldn't believe how nice the soup was! It was genuinely the nicest soup I have ever had!

As I am a student, price is also a big factor - and for £4.50 for my soup and nice chunk of bread, I was more than happy!

The staff are friendly and attentive and we had a great experience overall.

All in all; I would highly recommend this place for everyone including students!

Will definitely try to return!

• Visited January 2014

“Confused menu”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Staff were warm and welcoming but the food was mediocre. This was probably due to a confused menu, which offered greek and English dishes. When I asked the waitress about a dish on their menu she didn't know what I was on about.

No form of receipt was provided, we were told the amount of the bill. Before I entered my pin to pay I noticed that he final amount was not to the correct decimal point (concerning as we were not given a receipt).

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We love Alnwick, and were looking for a family friendly spot for lunch. I'm really glad we popped into The Olive Branch, as the food is reasonably priced, and they have more on offer than the usual sandwiches/jacket pots/soups. I had the meatball stuffed peppers, which were absolutely delicious, and my husband and toddler shared a pannini. The owner was friendly and chatty. The coffee was great, and we'll try the cakes (which look very tasty) when we're next in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Good grub! Friendly staff! Nice surrounds. Very casual but at the same time a nice treat :) Can't wait to go back for more!

Visited December 2013
Surrey, England
“A Pleasant Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were familiar with their previous place, really nice to see them in a central part of town and with more space. Light lunches to the same high standard as before. Comfortable seating. Would definitely recommend.

Visited November 2013