“Lovely wee place with fab Thai food.”
Review of Thai Vibe

Thai Vibe
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai Vibe is a slow food establishment offering Royal Thai Cuisine in a relaxing environment. Our lunchtime menu is different from the evening one, providing smaller and simpler dishes.
Glasgow
“Lovely wee place with fab Thai food.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 6pm on a Thursday evening. It's rather a small place inside, but nice furnishings and comfortable chairs. We were given a very warm welcome and were able to choose our table as we were first to arrive, but it soon started to fill up, as it's obviously a popular spot. I can see why - the food was really excellent. I started with an excellent coconut and chicken soup, which was beautifully presented. My husband had crab wontons, which were equally nice. For mains we both had Thai chicken green curry, which was the best I think I have ever tasted - and I like my green curries and have them a lot. Portion sizes are not huge but what I would call an 'elegant sufficiency' - you won't leave totally stuffed but you will have had a lovely meal.
With drinks and rounding the meal off with a tea and coffee, the bill came to £45, which was very reasonable for what we had. We are only here on holiday but if we lived locally this would be a regular haunt, I'm sure. Very highly recommended.

1 Thank Shuna M

• Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is an unassuming restaurant in an assuming town but it's excellent. I would say that it's more "fusion" than "Thai" as you might recognise it.
There are only 5 or 6 choices for the main courses. It's the first time I've ever been asked how I'd like my beef prepared for a curry. I like my beef rare and the strips of beef came as I asked (unlike some posh, expensive London restaurants where I've asked for a blue steak and got it medium-rare) i.e. the chef at Thai Vibe knows how to prepare food.
It's all prepared fresh, is beautifully presented and very tasty without being over-powering.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marco2311
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We didn't have to book on a Friday evening and the chap front of house was very pleasant and helpful. Fortunately had cash as their debit card machine wasn't working. Good quality starters and main courses. My wife thoroughly enjoyed hers hence the four stars but had I been on my own it would have been 3.

Two reasons: the portions were small and no chance of filling up with rice as the little traditional pot of sticky rice was..well..little. I was hungry after the meal. Secondly after ordering the beef in tamarind I was asked if medium rare was OK which was fine, then waiter came to advise it would be medium, still fine, but when served it was well done and not pink at all. The tamarind sauce came in a dinky little jug which you would serve cream in for a cup of coffee - maybe a tablespoonful or two?

But tasted authentic and worth a trip if in Alnwick. Not the cheapest Thai food I've had either.

1 Thank skelghyl
“Fantastic! This little gem needs to be appreciated more!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit here after great trip advisor reviews and our love for thai food.
I called to reserve the table but the man said that it was quiet so we are more than welcome, he had a lovely telephone manner.
Upon arrival there was only another couple. The restaurant was nicely decorated.
The menu is not very big but my gosh the food was amazing not the usual thai curry or noodles it was a bit more refined - I had chicken coconut soup then salmon in red curry sauce and my husband had crab Rangoons and steak in tamarind.
The service was superb, the owner was very friendly but gave you time to yourselves.
I wish people would learn to appreciate what a fantastic restaurant they have.
I strongly recommend to try you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank mbarber89
Cambridge, England
“Superb food, excellent service, Thai fine dining”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We dropped into Thai Vibe in Alnwick by chance as we didn't like the vibe of the place we were planning to eat originally. We were very pleased we did. Unlike many mainstream Thai restaurants, the menu here is short and evidently focused on cooking 6 starter and 6 main dishes well as opposed to 100's of average dishes. Front of house is excellent, very polite, very friendly and evidently a guy who cares about his food and his clients. The food is superb, the best Thai food we've had outside of Thailand. Crab Randoon and a Spicy Seafood Salad (Squid, Scallops, King Prawns) to start followed by Pad Thai and Seared Beef in Tamarind for main - absolutely delicious and the tender beef was to die for! With drinks, extremely good value for money and a fabulous evening before returning home to Cambridgeshire at the end of our week in Northumberland.