“Waste of money”

Mivesi
Ranked #22 of 122 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We would like to offer you a warm welcome to our family business Mivesi Indian Bistro and Indian Restaurant located in the centre of the beautiful Market Town of Alnwick. Our special style of contemporary and authentic Indian Cuisine is sure to excite while still keeping that "home cooked feel", our passion for great flavour is plain to see! During the day we serve Indian street food style wraps and light bites, and in the evening we transform into an elegant restaurant, open seven days a week. All our meals are available for take away. We wait to welcome you in our family run restaurant, as my motto goes "coming into Mivesi is walking into my home with the same warmth and genuine hospitality".
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Service very poor excuse they had a party in upstairs our table booked for 8.30 main course arrived 9.50.When we visited in September was just as busy, however, to be fair the service and food on our September visit was far better.

12  Thank Sukieo52

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I visited on a quiet Monday evening & was well received. The waiter helpfully enquired of my requirements & gave good advice. I chose, with his help, from the special menu & was served one of the best 'Indian' meals I have tasted. The spices in the dishes were exceptional & unlike some other places were not swamped by the heat of the curry element. The no corkage charge policy was a bonus & added to the great value. I shall return when again in Alnwick

2  Thank Tynedale T
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a lovely meal the food out of this world. The waiter was very helpful and advised on dishes which were superbly presented. Taking your own drinks without corkage a bonus. If you like Indian food a visit to Mivesi is a must. We will be going again very soon. The bill was a lovely surprise too!! Great value for money.

3  Thank barbi246
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were slightly apprehensive about eating there - English cafe by day serving cakes, Indian restaurant by night - however, there was no need to be. What a find! The food was incredible, the atmosphere was relaxed and the staff very helpful. Food is prepared using local ingredients (amazing delicately spiced crab for starter), and is of the highest quality. Added benefit of bringing your own alcohol with no corkage charge.

2  Thank Clare A
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visiting Mivesi again proved to be a very wise choice to put it simply you must try it! The staff are very friendly and welcoming and explained that all of the food is freshly prepared so there would be a little wait. Some people seem to have a problem with this but when you get food of this quality it's really not an issue and the wait is very comfortable, not being rushed but having enough time to enjoy your company and the surroundings. I loved my tandoori mixed grill and my partner really enjoyed her madras. The bill was also pleasing as we took are own alcohol so had no drinks to pay for and there was no corkage charge! All in all a top notch restaurant with food to suit try it yourself you WON'T be disappointed

3  Thank Monkfish86