“Great Tastes”

Mivesi
Ranked #25 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We would like to offer you a warm welcome to our family business Mivesi: English Cafe and Indian Restaurant located in the centre of the beautiful Market Town of Alnwick.
Edinburgh
“Great Tastes”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We found the found the food excellent, great,clean tastes, beautifully presented. Best tasting curry outside Bradford. Dishes are cooked to order so this is not a fast food place. If you want a Big Mac you're in the wrong place. But value for money and great cuisine.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Paul L

“Waste of time”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were a table of 4, we had booked admittedly only a few hours before but we had booked. When we arrived we were greeted and shown a table which was unsuitable which we were then shown very quickly to another. Our drinks order was taken, then we were asked if we wanted poppadoms, which we all did drinks minus the water came in good time followed by the poppadoms, then the wait began. After 45min on being at the table with no main order taken i went to find someone to ask why, we then received the water that was asked for and our order was taken. Another 30 mins later a table that came in after us received their food. We were all incredible hungry and annoyed at this. I went to find someone to ask why this was, and was told because we were a table of 4 they were a table of 2. I said that was no excuse and was then laid on that they were under staffed. They way he came across was not friendly and apologitc. We left very soon after. We ended up dining at a nearby restaurant which was fantastic we had staters and mains within an hour. I felt if they had been up frount about the wait and had not put our order behind because we had been a table of 4 we would have stayed. If u you are to dine here, booked very early as you will b expected to wait a long time and do not come in with more than a table of 2.

• Visited August 2013
13 Thank Kerrie D
Mivesi M, Manager at Mivesi, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for visiting Mivesi. I am sorry u had a bad experience with us. Unfortunately the day in question myself and my husband had to travel to london as my husbands brother had passed away. We initially wanted to close the business but later from the persuading of my staff kept it open. We were understaff that evening and again I apologise for the poor service you recieved. We hope you will try us again in the future. Thankyou for visiting Mivesi.
london
“Will not be returning”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited this establishment as a couple. Meal took over two hours to complete despite the fact that we only ordered poppadom s and dips followed by main courses. I found the overall quality of the food we received to be poor and the quantity of meat in one of the main courses to be very small, only 5 or 6 very small pieces of chicken. I found the level of service provided to us by the waiting staff to be poor. I did not enjoy the ambiance in the restaurant during my time there.
Obviously different things appeal to different people but based directly upon my own personal experience of this establishment on that evening I have taken the decision not to return Mivesi.

• Visited May 2013
12 Thank elle090
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have sat in for a meal once and the staff were brilliant with my 9 month old! But the best thing is takeaway. It's now our tradition to order from Mivesi every Friday. We live it. Best Indian in Alnwick.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Helenmilli
Whitby
“Meal out with friends”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Opted for a curry after a lot of discussion, and so glad we did. The food was fabulous, well presented and tasty. Staff could not have been nicer. Would definitely return and recommend.

Morrisons round the corner, so brought our own wine, which makes for a cheaper night out!

Visited June 2013