“Indian with a difference.....”
Review of Mivesi

Mivesi
Ranked #25 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We would like to offer you a warm welcome to our family business Mivesi: English Cafe and Indian Restaurant located in the centre of the beautiful Market Town of Alnwick.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Indian with a difference.....”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We called into Anwick looking for somewhere to eat and saw the Mivesi English Café/ Indian Restaurant. It has only been open a few months and you can tell there has been a major refurbishment. Everywhere was immaculate and the staff really attentive. It is an alcohol free premises but they still sell alcohol free wine and lager, and soda water etc. The Menu is superb and there are loads of choice, some we have never seen or heard of before. I ordered Shonali chicken and garlic pilau and the presentation was absolutely superb with the rice coming out shaped like a pyramid. Portions were huge and the taste sublime my husband had Syleti chicken which he is still raving about. The ambience was superb and the staff attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank elaine l

Alnwick, United Kingdom
“bland and under par”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visisted here on a saturday night the restaurant was quite busy however as much as i like music i could not hear anything or my friends talking due to the wailing music. My starter of mixed kebab was bland, under seasoned with wot tasted like a designer dribble of raspberry sauce on the edge of the plate! (surely it should have been a spicy sauce!)

The main of a spinach dish apparantly advertised as hot, was a bland mush of spinach and onions with 3 pieces of chicken in it (£6.95) not good value. I asked for a stuffed paratha and got a plain fried bread which was awful. Overall i have yet to find a decent curry house in alnwick which is not afraid of using chillies, however for the curry enthusiasts who like an outstanding hot curry with loads of chunky fresh meat then get a takeaway from the bengal spice in amble (not to be confused as the disaster in shilbottle), Outstanding.

The only decent thing in mivexi are the staff, although pushy they do actually smile from time to time. I will not be visiting again

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank tigger2008_12
alnwick
“yes yes yes”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

very good food very friendly staff could not do anough for u will go again joan bell born in alnwick

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank joanbellalnwick
Milton Keynes
“No No No!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not a good experience sorry.

Tandoori chicken should be cooked in a tandoori oven with marienated spices and flavoured in that manner. it certainly isn't cooked plain with a sickly sweet sauce put on top.

Likewise; Tandoori rack of lamb should be a rack of lamb not two lamb cutlets.

Service was Ok but wouldnt want to experience this again.

• Visited April 2013
9 Thank robin c
Mivesi M, Manager at Mivesi, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, as we are a new business all reviews negative or positive helps us improve ourselves. I would now like to respond to your review All our tandoori and tikka chickens are marinated the night before in a special blend of spices to allow the chickens to be marinated correctly. It is then cooked to order in a tandoori oven then stirred in a sizziler pan with onions and tandoori sauce to enhance the tandoori flavour. In all of the many years of running an Indian restaurants I have never known a tandoori chicken to be cooked in any other way other than in a tandoori oven. As for the sweet sauce you refer to I am confused too as to which sauce That is because we do not have any sweet sauce that goes on a tandoori dish. As for the lamb chops you talked about, we do not say a rack of lamb on our menu we clearly say lamb chops which is served 3 pieces for starters and 6 pieces for mains. In conclusion I can assure you we at Mivesi are passionate about providing authentic Indian food in Alnwick at a fair price. Once again thank you for visiting Mivesi.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This Indian Restaurant has something for everyone. We were looking for somewhere to eat in Alnwick before going to our self catering property nearby. There was my grandparents who are in their eighties who wanted something more traditional and my mother and husband who didn't fancy 'something and chips', which seemed to be all the other nearby places offered on a lunch time that had space!

My grandfather had a Full English, which he thoroughly enjoyed. My grandmother had scampi and chips and said the chips were lovely. My mother had the curry off the special board - chicken tikka masala and enjoyed it although it was a rather unusual colour! My husband and I shared a mixed grill which was a variety of meats and prawn in Indian spices and ordered a side order of pilau rice. This was succulent and tasty. The rice came in a pyramid shape and all the food was well presented.

Service was good, friendly and they clearly cared about their guests having a positive experience.

My grandfather has asked if we could go back and as a family we thoroughly recommend this restaurant as a good alternative.

• Visited May 2013