“Beautiful shop run by fantastic people”

Marilyn & Melrose Studio
Ranked #26 of 43 things to do in Alnwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Marilyn & Melrose is an Official Stockist of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ & Fabrics and runs Annie Sloan Accredited workshops on how to use the Chalk Paint™. You will find a wonderful selection of hand-painted Furniture (Antique, Vintage & Retro)for sale as well as gifts, including some beautiful 18thC Porcelain. You will also find a connoisseur selection of Fine Art Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles by Wentworth, Jewellery, Retro Style Wall Art and much, much more.Expect a friendly welcome, a pleasant atmosphere and feel very welcome to simply browse.Also, we are happy to say that four-legged friends are VERY welcome. We are currently collecting photographs of all Canine visitors :-)Please don't expect a shopping in a rush experience .... it's all very old fashioned ~ hand-written receipts, no till (although we do have a card machine!), but please do expect good, friendly service.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have visited Marilyn and Melrose on a couple of times now, and last night had the pleasure of a one to one workshop with Karen, I had a truly amazing time and can not thank her enough.

The shop is in a lovely location and is packed with beautiful things and many pieces of furniture that Karen and Paul have lovingly restored using Annie Sloan paint.

I look forward to my next visit.

3  Thank CAROLINA509
There are newer reviews for Marilyn & Melrose Studio

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I visited this cozy little shop in Alnwick. I was really delighted with such good taste. I had the opportunity to attend a workshop and was really fascinated. Thank you Karen and Paul.

2  Thank andrea s
Reviewed May 24, 2013

visited early may with my husband, we were wandering around the town of alnwick and came upon this shop, down an alley, it is an amazing shop full of beautiful things for the home, very reasonably prices, i bought a picture frame and a couple of other bits, but could have spent a fortune. the gentleman was very helpful and friendly. would definitely recommend a visit too this shop if u like too put the 'extra finishing touches' too your home. we will definitely be returning and if necessary shopping on line

1  Thank ablb
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose, whilst on holiday, in October 2012. I had identified them as an 'Annie Sloan' stockist so they were therefore, top of my list, to visit. The owners were really friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the paint. They gave me lots of advice and ideas. Dogs are welcome, inside the shop, which meant my other half didn't have to stand outside for ages whilst I had a look around. Will definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank Lara H
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose after finding they were the stockists for Annie Sloan paints that someone had recommended to me. I have bought some furniture for my daughters bedroom and would like to have a go at painting them. Really excellent service and advice from Marilyn and Melrose, and I bought some lovely paint. I am still psyching myself up to do the actual painting and think I may go on one of their workshops first to give me the confidence to have a go! Would recommend all to visit!

2  Thank KatieJMc