We decided on a last minute bank holiday trip to Alnwick and booked the Georgian House Hotel for one night. I have to say that after reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried! However we received a fantastic warm welcome from the owner Jo and our room was extremely pleasant - nice white bedding and fluffy white towels. I'm not sure what some people expect for £60, but if they are looking for something a bit more luxurious Alnwick can offer you this for around £100 a night. For £60 a night the Georgian House offers you a clean comfortable room, a warm welcome and a fantastic breakfast. The only downside for me was the very small electric shower, but as we were only there for one night this wasn't really an issue. The location is fantastic - just over the road from the castle entrance. There is also a small car park to the rear which Jo manages to ensure everyone gets in and out. Parking can be difficult in a small town like Alnwick so this is a bonus. All in all a decent B&B for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Are A 3 Star Guesthouse In The Centre Of Alnwick Town, Northumberland We Are 2 Mins Walk From Alnwick Castle And Alnwick Gardens Across The Road To The Shops,pubs And Lots Of Eating Places A Short Drive To The Beach Or Into The Heart Of Northumberland We Have Free Wifi Through The House All Rooms Have Tea And Coffee Trays Tv Hairdriers,iron And Ironing Boards, Shower Gel And Handwash A Full English Breakfst Is Served With A Full Vegetarian Option If Required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Georgian Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Guest House Hotel Alnwick
- Georgian Guest House Alnwick, Northumberland