“Satisfactory Food”

Queens Head Hotel
Ranked #72 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“Satisfactory Food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A fairly limited menu but food was served fresh and piping hot. Restaurant area is not particularly attractive, furnishings dark and a bit dated and one table positioned adjacent to door direct into ladies toilet which is a bit off-putting. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. You can eat in the bar area which is at front and this might be a better option than the gloomy restaurant at the rear.

Visited July 2014

North east
“Bring back Julie”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I went into this pub just after Easter on my way home from a family holiday the cook was called Julie the food was lush i had the deep filled cheese and broccoli quiche what had just came out of the oven with home made coleslaw .. We went back last week to find at had a new chef and different bar staff the man that was there before was funny and couldn't do enough for you the food was awful and the friendly feeling was gone and I could wait to get out of there

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Aimee67
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Horrible smell”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I walked in and immediately walked out, the smell was disgusting. We just wanted a quick drink whilst waiting for our table in a nearby restaurant, but unfortunately I was unable to stand the smell.

Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Value, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We called for carvery whilst on holiday nearby. Excellent value, staff were lovely. My kind of family run pub :) Food was lovely best mash/roasties I've ever had although the beef was a little undercooked for my liking but my other half couldn't fault it

• Visited April 2014
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Popped in on way back to Rothbury”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Founs this pub by accident. Have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our food. I had scampi and home made chips with a little salad and my husband had the steak and ale pie. Scampi was just as it should enough to fill and satisfy me. The steak pie was made with a suet crust and this was so good. Pie was full of steak and the feedback from my hubby was just like my mother used to make. Can't say better than that.

• Visited April 2014