Although at £150 a nite it was far more than i would usually pay but i thought that it would be a nice treat for my girlfriend and I to stay their for the night but sadly for both of us(and my pocket it wasnt). on entering the hotel I walked in on an argument between a manager and the reception staff which made me feel very aqward and after getting checked in I was given directions to the carpark which was full so we ended up having to pay in a carpark. when we enterd our room we were greeted with the horrible smell of cigerretes which the previous people had left on the window sill and the smell in the bathroom was even worse. I felt something had to be said so I headed to reception only to be told that the cleaning staff had not reported it and that nothing could be done, it was then I realised that this wasnt the hotel that I was hoping for. The room was nothing special and getting hold of an iron and board turned into a major ordeal, our nights sleep was very interupted by the noise off the street which is somthing I would warn anyone about before booking as the front of the hotel is v noisey, the breakfast also disapointed as the food was of poor quality, This is the first time I hav written a review about a hotel but I really wouldnt like anybody to be as disapointed as me and my girlfriend were needless to say I wouldnt advise staying there and we will definatly not be returning even if it had been half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland