On the outside this hotel is smart with stylish decor, flower arrangements everywhere and a feature is the carved panelling from the sister ship of the Titanic, the Olympic in the dining room. The bar prices are extremely high (£7.50 for a bottle of beer and a small glass of wine). The price for B&B depends on the type of decor in your room. We paid £125 for a refurbished room which I thought was too high. The sheets had dirty marks on them, the duvet inside the cover was discoloured and very old. There were cobwebs around the window and the tiles in the smallest bathroom I have ever seen, were dirty. The tea and coffee tray was adequately equipped however, only three biscuits between two of us? There were water glasses but no water and an ice bucket. The ladies toilets in the public area don't appear to have been cleaned at all, stains on the seat and stains around the bowl. The waste paper bin was overflowing with paper towels.
The breakfast was adequate but little choice and no vegetarian option was available.
I would definately not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HRS, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland