We stayed on a short break package on the 26th-27th November. The hotel is a must-see for anyone interested in the White Star Lines ship Olympic, as the Olympic suite has the walnut panelling from the ship. They also have staircases and the revolving door, through which you enter the hotel. Breakfast is served in the suite, with a good selection of hot and cold food. The staff were very accomodating for photographers. Hardy's Bistro served the evening meal, and the food was superb, with five starters/main courses/sweets to choose from. The room was adequate for a short break, nicely decorated, with a good bathroom. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. A must see during your stay is Dunstanburgh Castle - a good walk from the car park, but fantastic views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland