We stayed at the White Swan for two nights whilst attending a wedding held in the hotel. The rooms were nice and reception staff were helpful and polite. However, these are the only good points we found.
The main course of our wedding breakfast was tiny and we were provided with two half full bowls of potatoes and two of veggies between 11 people. The staff were rude and we were asked to leave later in the afternoon so that they could set up for dinner. On requesting another place to sit, we were told to use the 'lounge' which was in fact some chairs set in the reception area.
At the evening event, in the beautiful function, room bar service was poor and the buffet was appalling - frozen pizza with left over from breakfast sausages on top!
The staff began bringing through tables and chairs to set up for morning breakfast just after ten, and we were hurried out when the bar shut at 11.10. The night porter was rude and unhelpful and we were very unimpressed at the standard of service throughout.
Wont be back, for the price we paid we expected to be treated with a little courtesy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland