On arrival there was a bit of a mix up with our booking, the manager, although a wee bit stressed, sorted everything out and upgraded our room. He couldn't have been more charming. The room was really good, warm and spacious, although one criticism would be that there was no heating in the bathroom. A tall heated towel rail would have done the job as there was plenty of room for one. We resolved this by leaving the door between the bedroom and bathroom open, not ideal. We were shown the origonal room we had booked and it was small. A superior double made all the difference. we didn't eat an evening meal in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. All in all an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HRS, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland