“A lovely stay”

The White Swan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Alnwick
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last month and really enjoyed it. It is an old building full of character but has every comfort and modern convenience you would need and the rooms are beautiful.

The food is good and excellent value.

The hotel is a great place for history fans and old ship enthusiasts, with its connection to the Titanic. The sister ship Olympic has its wood in the dining room and it's fascinating.

The staff are friendly and helpful and you could not get a better location. Even if you do not stay, consider having lunch or dinner here. The coffee is great!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
James T, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a complimentary review following your recent stay with ourselves at The White Swan Hotel. It really was a delight to hear your positive comments and I will be sure to share these with the rest of the team.

Louise, our award winning barista was also delighted to hear your kind words about the coffee you sampled whilst with us.

I am also soo pleased you picked up on our fantastic location within the town and enjoyed your meal in our stunning Olympic Suite.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night .
The room was very small could just about get around the bed.
Never seen a room so small , the toilit did not flush .
Service at breakfast was not good at all .
I just wanted a fryed egg hard. Came soft so I sent it back and got an egg that tasted of kippers .
I will not be back it is not worth the price they charge stayed in better places for less

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with ourselves. We view all feedback be it complimentary or critical as crucial to enhancing our commitment to customer service and hospitality.

I was indeed sorry to learn that you felt parts of your stay could have been improved. I was disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your room allocation however if you would like to discuss anything further regarding your stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed Sunday 18th August for one night on route to Holy Isles and Scotland.

Excellent location with plenty of car parking, nice ground floor room (outside route to room?) and friendly, excellent service. Only sampled the breakfast of which was good and plenty of selection.

Alnwick is lovely and well worth a visit...

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay with ourselves at The White Swan Hotel. It really was a delight to hear your positive comments about how friendly our staff were, I will be sure to share these with the rest of the team.

I am so pleased you picked up on our fantastic location within the fantastic town of Alnwick and enjoyed breakfast in our stunning Olympic Suite.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed three nights and found the staff extremely friendly and helpful throughout. Don't rely on parking in the hotel car park and make sure you book a table for dinner well in advance, especially on a Sunday – those were our only two niggles. When you do eat, it's really good. The rooms too were nice, but as a previous reviewer said, if you're looking out front the noise in the evening is pretty bad. I guess rooms out to the back are really quiet!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
James T, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Stephen, our Head Chef would also like to be associated with my thanks for the excellent food you mentioned you sampled in our stunning Olympic Suite.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here one night in a family room with our 6 year old. Nice room - shame about the noise from the local youths leaving pubs which seemed to go on until 3am. It was a Friday night though. Really excellent meal in the wonderful wood panelled dining room - they even had a three course vegan menu prepared for my wife with several choices for each course. Perfect location for Alnwick castle and gardens which is just around the corner. Lovely service in the restaurant and on the front desk.

Room Tip: Noisy if room overlooks the street at the front on the Friday we stayed - people noise, not traffic
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
James T, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with ourselves at The White Swan Hotel. It really was a delight to hear your positive comments and I will be sure to share these with the rest of the team.

I was sorry to learn of the noise you seem to have experienced outside the hotel in what was a very busy weekend in Alnwick. Stephen, our Head Chef would also like to be associated with my thanks for the excellent food you mentioned you sampled; I am so pleased you picked up on our fantastic location within the town and enjoyed visiting our stunning Olympic Suite.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here last night with my husband. Our room was clean, fresh and comfortable. We were welcomed by extremely friendly staff...in fact the staff throughout the hotel are wonderful. We drank in the Bistro before Dinner, of which was in the Olympic Suite. A first class Dining experience...from the service, the food and the ambience of the piano player (who played a request not on his extensive list, so very impressed). We will definitely return to this 'little gem' in Northumberland. Thank you!

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay with ourselves at The White Swan Hotel. It really was a delight to hear your positive comments and I will be sure to share these with the rest of the team.

I am so pleased you picked up on our stunning Olympic Suite which really does create an amazing ambience when coupled with our resident pianist.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband won a stay in the white swan via a work incentive which included breakfast.Staff were nice and friendly ,the room was large and clean.The location is excellent.We decided to fine out instead of in the hotel so only sampled breakfast the next morning.There was a good selection of cereals and spreads for toast.I had went Ott on the Indians I had the night before so struggled after a few mouthfuls of my cooked breakfast.All in all a good experience but given that there are so many nice cheap places to eat out in Alnwick I think I'd maybe look for a cheaper b and
B once I'd looked at the prices.

Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased you picked up on our fantastic location within the town and enjoyed breakfast in our stunning Olympic Suite.

James Thompson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alnwick
The Hog's Head Inn
#1 of 1 in Eshott
Warkworth House Hotel
Warkworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Warkworth

Been to The White Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!