Stayed at the White Swan for one night while staying in Alnwick with friends. Room was comfortable with spacious bathroom - bed was very comfortable and lovely big towels in the bathroom. I booked the hotel through Booking.Com and pre-paid. On checking out I was presented with a bill for the full cost. However, the staff were very helpful in sorting it out. Only downside was poor service at breakfast. I had to get up from the table to find someone to order tea and our cooked breakfast took 45 minutes to appear - we were told they had 'lost the order'. Apart from that a pleasant stay and the Olympic Dining Room where we had breakfast was amazing - decorated with wood panelling from the Olympic, sister ship to the Titanic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland