We're a largely male walking group from the Manchester area. We arrived for a 3 night stay on 10th March. Throughout the stay, the staff were brilliant, the rooms were clean and well appointed and the beds were comfy. The dining experience in the Olympic suite was amazing. It felt like we were aboard ship and, with the piano playing on the Sunday night, it took you back to an earlier age. Food and wine were excellent, although the service for breakfast on the first day (Monday) for some of us was somewhat slow. The Maitre D (?) was particularly helpful in providing advice on the best local hostelries, as were the bar staff, who went the extra mile in serving until the early hours, although the Real ale received mixed reviews from our group. All in all, an excellent short stay in a wonderful, old fashioned hotel, which we would certainly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland