“Amazing scones! YUMMY!”
Review of Strawberry Lounge

Strawberry Lounge
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Alnwick
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Strawberry lounge is a small family run cafe / smoothie bar selling great homemade food freshly made on the premises daily from a large selection of scone and quiches and pies to some great homemade burgers And large selection of homemade cakes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The scones served here are simply superb! So fresh - fluffy in the middle with a slightly crusty exterior - and the fillings?! Where do I start! Both sweet fillings and savoury are available - I had dark chocolate and marzipan - all I can say is WOW! And they are HUGE! Great value for money!
It is to be hoped that The Strawberry Lounge has received or is soon to receive an award for the best scones EVER! Quick and friendly service too!
Do not miss visiting this cafe if you're in Alnwick! It is a little off the beaten track, set back from the road down a "ginnel" on the same side of the road and very close to "Grannies" cafe.
Oh, by the way - they allow our four legged friends in part of the cafe! Always a bonus!

1  Thank AH49
Write a reviewReviews (372)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were recommended this place by a nearby shop owner. We were unable to find it initially due to it being down a small alley. When we did find it there was a queue and we didn’t have the time to wait. We returned a few days later and so pleased that we did. We both had homemade quiche and salad which was absolutely delicious-and enough to serve 4 people!!! We then shared a raspberry and white chocolate scone which was to die for. We had a mass is very pot of tea for two served with cup & saucer in the traditional way. Our family joined us shortly after and equally there food looked fab..the grandchildren had beans on toast served just as they like it, followed by plate of fresh fruit. The whole bill for the 6 of us came to £31.00. Amazing food and great value.

1  Thank yarrowhse
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Well the scones are enormous and to die for. Just wish I had a bigger stomach to try all the different scones.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Great place, lovely food, great milkshakes (in a pint glass!) and excellent value - worth every bit of the ten-minute wait for a table - and this was 2.30 in the afternoon...

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I'm back in the area after a few years away. I used to regularly visit here with my wife (it was her favourite place). I've been back three times in last couple of weeks now and will continue to do so. Glad to see its lost nothing and is still fabulous, never had or seen bad food here. The famous scones are superb. Service is always friendly here by the nice family team. It's just all quality at a fair price, (don't rip you off here like a lot of other Alnwick places) feels good leaving some change tip here. Just have a lot of love for Strawberry Lounge, it's just part of the bread and butter of Alnwick now.