“Awful”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Carterton, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Ordered a take away curry from here. Chose a monk fish dish. When I got it home it didn't look too appetising and the monkfish was not monkfish. It was clearly frozen white fish of some variety maybe cod but was very old and disgusting when I rang to complain they didn't even try to hide the fact it wasn't as advertised and told me to come back for a replacement. Would never go again appalling food

4 Thank Doogatron

Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Takeaway disaster!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We placed a large order to this restaurant (£120) which was to be collected to take away. When we came to eating we discovered that several items which we had ordered were missing. We contacted the restaurant who were happy to deliver the missing items. One of the meals (tandoori chicken tikka) smelt foul in the packaging and once open it looked and smelt like rotten meat. It was shown to the member of staff delivering our missing items and they agreed that it was rotten/inedible! They refused to refund our whole meal (as you can imagine we were reluctant to sample the rest) and only offered a replacement. Will never be eating from or within this restaurant for fear of the repercussions!!

• Visited June 2012
7 Thank SDee1905
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not the Varanda of old.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Open the front door on a cold night and you enter a smart,warm restaurant.
That's where it ends.
The food was not good,my tandoori mixed grill consisted of five pieces of meat swimming in oil, which must have come from the onions.
The side dishes were awful.
My wife had a chicken dish which you couldn't chew.
Avoid at all cost.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Keith471
Yorkshire
“We walked out!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

After been seated at a table with a dirty tablecloth, we eventually gave our food order to the waiter! While waiting for our food we noticed the table next to us complaining about their chicken being raw, and it did look completely raw! The other surrounding tables then looked a little nervous, as we were! After a long wait we recieved our mixed platter starter, and the chicken was fine, however the lamb minced kebab was totally raw inside! I know these can be slightly pink inside, but it was no where near that! With that we told the waiter we were leaving and he was apologetic. The couple on the table behind us were carefully disecting their food! The only good thing i have to say about this restaurant is that although the service was very slow the waiters and barman were all very pleasant and looked very embarrassed about the whole thing.

4 Thank dancingqueen123
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Alnwick”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I live in Alnwick and I can tell you that the one bad review on here is just after the restaurant first opened. Since then there is a new chef and the food is among the best indian's I have eaten and my wife and I eat in here regularly.

There are two indian restaurants in Alnwick and most locals will tell you that the Varanda is the best by far.

• Visited September 2012