Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fourteen of us went for Sunday Lunch and it was exceptionally. Staff very quick and efficient and very polite and all looked happy in there work. Food was lovely main course Sunday Lunch plentiful. Surrounding very nice only down side was a dog allowed in the dinning area as one of our children in the party is terrified of dogs it was very unnerving for him. Overall though a lovely afternoon.

Date of visit: January 2020
VenueManager, Other at The Joiners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us and i will pass on your feedback to the staff - it's lovely to see their delight in their work shines through. I will take your comments regarding the dog on board, we are dog friendly however I appriciate they are not for everyone.

We hope to see you again soon!

The Joiners Arms Team x

Write a reviewReviews (1,567)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in Seahouses for the week and 4 of us booked with the joiners Arms for Christmas day lunch. Weve been on many occasions before but not on Christmas day itself. What an amazing time we had. Prosecco on arrival, novelty head wear and the tables dressed beautifully. The food was amazing and the service impeccable. Can't wait to come back next year.

Date of visit: December 2019
VenueManager, Other at The Joiners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Adrian,

I'm so pleased that you had a thoroughly enjoyable and special Christmas Day with us and are looking forward to coming back this year! What a great review to read on a monday.

The Joiners Arms Team

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Had fab meal here after walking the coast path. Megan gave excellent service, food was excellent also. Lovely friendly relaxed setting, fab decor

Hi Keels,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! I'll make sure your kind feedback is passed on to Megan. I'm glad you love our decor, atmosphere and food! We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Joiners. A lovely room with excellent little extras included: complimentary make your own cocktail, very nice tea tray with local biscuits, nice toiletries and dressing gowns. Lovely freindly knowledgeable staff who could not help us enough at dinner. Food was good, just a little disappointed that the menu was largely unavailable, as there was some dishes we really wanted to try. I do however understand how, on the first Sunday of the year, fresh produce could be in short supply, and our waiter, Tom, was excellent in helping us chose alternative dishes. And we certainly did not leave the dining room hungry.
Breakfast was also one of the better ones. We can recommend the Arnold Bennet omelet and the full English.
We will be back.

Good selection of

Ghs very
We will return

Hi Steve C,

I'm so pleased that you had such a pleasant stay with us, thank-you for sharing your feedback with us about your visit! I'm pleased you loved our cocktail kit and other special extras in the bedrooms, and that the staff were really friendly and looked after you well. I apologise that you didn't get to try some of the dishes that were unavailable, but hopefully you will be back in the not too distant future to taste some more of our dishes!

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Having had a number of stays at The Joiner’s Arms over the last few years and numerous meals, I was very disappointed with our visit today.

On arrival, the barman was less than helpful when we asked whether we could have a table for two, instead telling us to go and ask someone else. Not only did he have poor customer service but a dirty and creased shirt which did not look professional nor hygienic.

There was no where to sit with drinks other than outside. Every table was reserved and many with no patrons sat at them.

When we finally found someone to ask if we could be added to the waiting list we were told that they were fully booked all day. This was at 2pm.

We therefore decided to finish our drinks and go elsewhere. In the time that took, other members of the public arrived who had no reservation and were advised they could have a table. Unbelievable.

Staff attitude and customer care has significantly deteriorated of late. We were made to feel very unwelcome. What was once a great pub and B&B is no longer a venue I’ll be visiting in the future nor recommending either.

Hello Jet527479,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us a review, we take all feedback constructively in order to help us continually improve our offering and it appears that on this occasion you have felt let down by our venue. Our staff work very hard to ensure that everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome and we have recieved countless fantastic reviews and other forms of feedback about them, so I am very disappointed that you did not feel this way. I will raise your comments with the team in order for us to do better in future.

Unfortunately, while i understand that being told we are fully booked while the tables are not busy can be frustrating - we do get very busy during peak times and while the restaurant may look quiet, there may be guests booked onto those within the hour, and as we don't like to rush our guests experience with us or over-stretch the kitchen or front of house team, risking the quality of our food and service, we do have to disappoint walk in custom if we are already fully booked. Therefore we always recommend booking a table to avoid disappointment. As I do not know which day you visited, I can't look into this any further for you but if you wish to provide me with any more details or discuss this further please contact me at alixthorpe@newton-hall.com.