“Excellent locally sourced food”
Review of The Joiners Arms

The Joiners Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Joiners Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent locally sourced food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and my sister's family holidayed locally to the Joiner's Arms and we had two evening meals there. The food on both occasions was outstanding quality and reasonably priced. The children's menu was particularly good and better than anywhere else we've eaten. Although it was quite expensive for a child's meal it included a cold drink, starter, main, dessert and a babyccino - a hot milk with chocolate on it. I had mussels the second time we dined there and they were the largest mussels I've seen apart from the green lipped New Zealand ones. It really added to our holiday. They also offer a very good take away fish and chips service.

• Visited August 2014
VenueManager, Public Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. We fully appreciate your lovely feedback. Here at Apartment Group we value each and every one of our customer’s comment’s and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visits to us! and I am glad you enjoyed our locally sourced food, we strive to make this as enjoyable as possible for all of our customers, and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Fabulous fish and chips. Huge portion in crispy batter with the best chips in a while all served with lovely tartare sauce, beer was good, service friendly . Would definitely return. Other people also seemed very happy with the food.

• Visited August 2014

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your fish and chips! and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

h
“Great pub”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Visited on out first day walk when another local establishment (widely advertised!!) had run out of local crab and was serving even slower than normal.

Had a superb fish and chip meal - 'the biggest fish they could get into the boat safely' - and properly cooked in beef dripping too. Good fish, good batter, good chips - my family has a background in the F & C trade so I do know what I saying!

Very good beer and service - an excellent alternative to the other place and frankly - much cheaper!!!

Try it next time you are in Low Newton area!

• Visited August 2014

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visits to us, and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The largest fish ever!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Whilst staying locally our my wife and our friends ate twice in the Joiner's Arms. The menu choice far exceeds many gastropubs in big cities and the quality of the food is superb. The menu refers to fish and chips with "the largest fish that the boat can land" and the result produced a fish hanging off both ends of the plate!!
Definitely worth a visit if in the area.

Visited August 2014

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your fish and chips! and we do hope to welcome you and your wife back in the near future!

Swansea County, United Kingdom
“An OK pub”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Modern gastro pub style place. Comfortable and clean inside, very spacious. Good choice of beer. Lots of staff around. The "Largest fish you can land on a boat" and chips was OK , but lots of batter. Chips very nice. Would return for lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for your bad experience, and hope we will get the chance to make it up to you in the near future.
I am disappointed to hear your visit was not up to our usual standards. We will certainly look into the causes for these issues as we take all customer comments very seriously. If I could ask you to take some time to contact me on info@apartment-group.com to discuss any further problems, or additional help I may be able to offer.