“Eating at the Joiners Arms, Newton by the Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Joiners Arms

The Joiners Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Joiners Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Eating at the Joiners Arms, Newton by the Sea”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

It was our first visit here when we called for lunch during our stay further up the coast in April 2014. The food was so good, we had crab and all the trimmings. Enjoyed it so much we returned a couple of days later for evening meal and the fish was as described- as big a catch as the boat could bring in! All round great food. Happy staff helps a lot too. Need to book for evening table and the only problem we had was parking the car, car park at pub very small and off road parking very limited.

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you John, for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. Here at Apartment Group we value each and every one of our customer’s comment’s and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time.

We always appreciate our customer’s valid comments and they will be taken on board with immediate effect. If you have time please email me on info@apartment-group.com with any further comments you have regarding your experience with us or anything else I can help to provide you with.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

nottingham
“Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We visited the Joiners Arms on Easter Sunday, arriving early for a pre-booked table but they were quite happy to fit us in so we didn't have to wait. We both really enjoyed the fish & chips, quite a basic choice but very well presented and very tasty. Will be going back again.

• Visited April 2014
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to our venue.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here, we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the hype”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This much lauded pub was an extreme disappointment on 2 occasions. We did want to give them benefit of the doubt. Very expensive for very average, bordering on poor food. I has seafood chowder. It contained just 2 clams. I would not recommend it or return there,it spoilt what otherwise was a great week in the Northumbria area

• Visited April 2014
Firstly, may I apologise for your negative visit to our venue. We are a company with great expectations and are always striving to succeed for our customer, because of this we take our customer feedback very seriously and will be looking into this with immediate effect to ensure it does not happen again.

I would like to thank you for getting in touch with us today. Again I must emphasize how sorry we are that this has happened. If it is possible for you to take a moment to email me on info@apartment-group.com to discuss any further points, or additional help I can offer that would be much appreciated.

South Shields, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Beer but rip off prices!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Having frequented this pub for several years now during summer months we have seen many changes, mainly for the better. Now however the latest prices have prompted this comment. £3.50 a pint for ale? £11.95 for burger and chips? This is not market forces or any other business speak it is outright greed! Hopefully the parking situation will now sort itself out and the public will as I am be sickened by the latest pricing and avoid accordingly.

1 Thank Foodfan54
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. We value each and every one of our customers and their opinions, therefore I will ensure this is taken further to avoid any future disappointment.

If you are able to take the time to email me any further details on your visit, please do not hesitate to contact me on info@apartment-group.com and I will do my very best to solve all your problems, and offer additional help where I can.

Have a good weekend.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Don't bother if you only want a pint”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Bar regularly understaffed allowing large queues to form, while table staff and manager stand around and could so easily help out when required. Never had a full pint, despite requesting top up.
All could so easily be rectified........
Disappointing. Keep occasionally calling in to see if anything has changed, regretfully not.

Dear Phil

I hope all is well with you?