“Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Joiners Arms

The Joiners Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Joiners Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nottingham
“Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We visited the Joiners Arms on Easter Sunday, arriving early for a pre-booked table but they were quite happy to fit us in so we didn't have to wait. We both really enjoyed the fish & chips, quite a basic choice but very well presented and very tasty. Will be going back again.

• Visited April 2014
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to our venue.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here, we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This much lauded pub was an extreme disappointment on 2 occasions. We did want to give them benefit of the doubt. Very expensive for very average, bordering on poor food. I has seafood chowder. It contained just 2 clams. I would not recommend it or return there,it spoilt what otherwise was a great week in the Northumbria area

• Visited April 2014
Firstly, may I apologise for your negative visit to our venue. We are a company with great expectations and are always striving to succeed for our customer, because of this we take our customer feedback very seriously and will be looking into this with immediate effect to ensure it does not happen again.

I would like to thank you for getting in touch with us today. Again I must emphasize how sorry we are that this has happened. If it is possible for you to take a moment to email me on info@apartment-group.com to discuss any further points, or additional help I can offer that would be much appreciated.

South Shields, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Beer but rip off prices!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Having frequented this pub for several years now during summer months we have seen many changes, mainly for the better. Now however the latest prices have prompted this comment. £3.50 a pint for ale? £11.95 for burger and chips? This is not market forces or any other business speak it is outright greed! Hopefully the parking situation will now sort itself out and the public will as I am be sickened by the latest pricing and avoid accordingly.

1 Thank Foodfan54
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. We value each and every one of our customers and their opinions, therefore I will ensure this is taken further to avoid any future disappointment.

If you are able to take the time to email me any further details on your visit, please do not hesitate to contact me on info@apartment-group.com and I will do my very best to solve all your problems, and offer additional help where I can.

Have a good weekend.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Don't bother if you only want a pint”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Bar regularly understaffed allowing large queues to form, while table staff and manager stand around and could so easily help out when required. Never had a full pint, despite requesting top up.
All could so easily be rectified........
Disappointing. Keep occasionally calling in to see if anything has changed, regretfully not.

Dear Phil

I hope all is well with you?

Jo
“Good food, friendly service, much nicer on a quiet evening...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Good choice on menu, enough but not overwhelming. Good, efficient service and friendly staff. We went twice for evening meals. The first evening was the best (early in the week) the pub wasn't too busy and we had asked for a window seat. Very pleasant atmosphere, good service, good food, between a family of 4 we had steak, burger and haddock fishcakes all well cooked, well presented and ample portions. We also enjoyed two puddings which were good. Happy place to spend an evening. The 2nd visit we sat in the extension, it was very busy with lots of families with young children, food still good but noisy and didn't like it as much as the window area. Would recommend to visit but would recommend you book in advance and be warned its a tricky place to park. We passed the pub on the way to the beach often and there was never much spare parking, the joiners is situated on a tiny green so if you drive make time to get parked or park in the main car park nearer the beach and walk. I do feel it as a little on the expensive side for what it is and am still contemplating whether the term 'gastro pub' is fitting.

Good afternoon.

I hope all is well with you?

I would like to thank you for getting in touch with us today, we always appreciate our customer’s valid comments.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great weekend.