“Good evening”
Review of The Joiners Arms

The Joiners Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Joiners Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been here before and enjoyed the meal ans it was the same again. We went midweek and while it was'nt busy to start ( 6p.m. ) it did eventually. I had a starter with chips as I did'nt really want a large meal. I am glad I had what I had as it was enough. the service was good and so was the time of the arrival of the food. They have started to do b&b and was shown around the rooms. each one is different and really amazing the thought that has been put into the design of them. Next time we are going to Northumberland we shall see how they are fixed for a booking.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hi linton22,
Thank you for your recent feed back. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with our food and the service you received during your evening with us.
We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully joining us in our new 5* accommodation!

Thanks,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me and my partner fancied dining somewhere different last Friday night and we had celebrations to continue from a birthday so we decided to dine at the Joiners arms. We've heard fab reviews from friends and family and with living locally I'm always up for supporting local pubs and restaurants.
We arrived at The Joiners and it seemed busy and alive with people, parking was absolutely fine though. We were greeted by what seemed to be the manager of the place, who was always up on his feet welcoming people and serving food aswell.
I had the pan fried seabass for my main and my partner had the fish and chips. Both dishes were amazing!!!!! the seabass was the best I've had, the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly! and the fish and chips came with a light crispy batter and a good portion of mushy peas! the portions are well worth the money! the seabass which came with mussels aswell was only around £13.00, for a main course i was chuffed!
The place insind was great, the decor and the food floor etc look soo cosey on a dark night and there was a real relaxed feel about the place even when full of people! the restaurant area is great too with the tables spaced nicely so your not eating on top of everyone, really open, really clean, fresh, warm and cosey!!
The staff aswell were really helpful, the waitress was really keen to help if we needed anything like drinks etc. and they were all busy and focusing on the guests.
All in all though a fab place and i would defo recommend to everyone!! i was shocked to see a few previous reviews on the place, i can assure people its a fabulous place to eat, with fresh produce and friendly staff who are generally there to make it all a good experience!! I'll make sure i'm back for lunch soon to try their ploughmans platter, we saw one being served when we were there and it looked delicous!!

1  Thank lorraine j

Thank you for your lovely review of the joiners Arms.
I'm happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your fish dishes and atmosphere within the joiners.
We hope that you will join us again soon and we look forward to seeing you.

Thanks

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We attended The Joiners Arms on Sunday 22nd Sept, this is our 3rd time here and the 2 previous times were fab! When I booked a table I advised the staff that I would require a gluten free meal. We arrived and we order meals for 5 people me and my wife ordered Sunday lunch, 1 to be gluten free. We waited 40 mins for our food which would not usually bother me if the food had of tasted hot and fresh. Our meals were served and the gluten free meal had a Yorkshire pudding on, I advised the lady that it could not be eaten or even to come in to contact with the other items on my plate, she proceeded just to pick it off my plate. When I repeated myself she apologised and took the meal away. I was then given a "new" meal which to me was most defiantly not as you could see the space where the Yorkshire had been taken away. We were offered the dessert menu but declined as I was wary about the ingredients. Was a real let down to what is usually a lovely pub. Disappointing!

1  Thank TP1958

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to The Joiners Arms.

We pride ourselves in our home made, freshly prepared food and I am disappointed to hear you found your meal was not up to this standard. I sincerely apologies, that your requirements were not met.
If you could send me through a contact no or email i would be happy to get in touch.

I apologies again for your experience and hope I hear from you in due course, and hopefully we will get to see you again.

Kind Regards
holyryder@apartment-group.com

Reviewed September 22, 2013

After hearing great things about this pub and visiting other establishments ran by the same group I was really surprised by the meal I had. The ploughman sharing platter was touted as a selection of local cheese, with chunky bread etc, priced at £10.95. When it arrived there was one tiny thin slice of cheese, with some ham, pickled onions and some boring plain chutney. The bread was unexciting and after sharing with one friend we were left hungry and feeling hard done by. We then looked at the desert menu and were left uninspired with a limited selection. In the end we decided to head to a local cafe for desert and cut our losses.

1  Thank twinklealy
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hi twinklealy,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at The Joiners Arms was less than perfect.
We pride ourselves in our home made, freshly prepared food and I am disappointed to hear you found your meal was not up to this standard. I sincerely apologies.
I would really appreciate if you could send me an email or contact number so that I can get in touch.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not a happy experience, unfortunately. We opted for the smoked haddock fish-cakes, described on the menu as home-made. Since that is what the menu said I'm assuming that they really were home-made - but why would you want to make something that gives the impression that it's been bought at Iceland? The mixture had been pureed to the point where it had no texture at all - think wet mashed potato - and the cakes were rolled in a coating of the type that you find on the cheaper type of ready-made frozen products. There was a faint taste of smoked fish.
The service was very mixed. It began really well, with such a friendly warm welcome. Unfortunately, by the time we had finished our main course a group of young men had come into the bar. They were obviously friends of some of the waitresses, who found it much more enjoyable to socialize than to look after customers. After trying for some time to attract their attention we decided to leave without any pudding. We had to go to the bar for the bill because the waitresses were still otherwise occupied. In view of our experience, I can't recommend this venue.

Hi Susan,

We're terribly sorry that you feel let down by your experience at The Joiners Arms.
From your feedback it looks like there were a few things we needed to have done differently and I sincerely apologies your visit was not to your liking. We will certainly take your valid comments on board.

Would you be able to send me a contact email so I can get in touch.