“Lovely teashop!”

Bari Tea Brewery
Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Bari [baa-ree] - Lovely in Northumberland. Contemporary tea brewery, with a traditional Northumberland heart: fine teas and teaware to try before you buy. Open 7 days during school holidays, closed Tues & Weds in Term time. Please check our website for details.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We visited this teashop whilst on holiday in Alnwick and had a lovely experience. The owner was very knowledgeable and friendly and the the variety of teas on offer was extensive. The quality of the food was good and the overall experience very pleasant. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Spaseeker32

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a short walk away from the castle and a very good place to head if you fancy a break from exploring the castle (you can go in and out of the castle on a day ticket). It was lovely to have somewhere nice to sit down and enjoy a relaxing pot of tea. We had the homemade soup and scones too, and they were delicious. The staff were really friendly and knowledgeable about the teas on offer, and it's a must for all tea lovers!

2  Thank bunstonuk
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stumbled across this Tea room while in Alnwick, a great relaxed vibe to enjoy the wide selection of teas on offer.

A good selection of green teas, with the pot seemingly ever lasting!

The cafe looks quite dark and was quiet when we first peered in, but I'm glad we made the decision to try it.
I also tried their Soup of the day which was delicious and thick. I only wish there were more food options to try if we returned as the menu is rather limited and food stops being served quite early.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Being a tea drinker and a coffee hater this cafe was heaven for me. Usually people have loads of choice of coffee but here it's the tea drinker's turn to peruse the menu and feel spoiled for choice by the different teas on offer. I chose the Russian Caravan which was wonderfully smoky. My family also enjoyed the experience. We all had soup which was delicious. Two then had the home made scones which were huge and delicious. My younger daughter and I enjoyed a huge slice of lemon curd cake.
The tea room also sells their teas, we bought a new tea pot, a strainer and two types of tea.
The staff were lovely and friendly. The cafe is relaxing and spotlessly clean. There is even baby changing facilities which impressed me hugely, many bigger cafés don't offer this.
I wish we lived closer, I would be a regular customer.

2  Thank DaisyWorksop
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Charming experience! The tea room provided a range of different tea flavours and a set of sweet bakings. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. As a Nordic people we got a lovely and proper English "tea experience".