“Unique place to relax with a Cuppa”
Review of Bari Tea Brewery

Bari Tea Brewery
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Bari [baa-ree] - Lovely in Northumberland. Contemporary tea brewery, with a traditional Northumberland heart: fine teas and teaware to try before you buy. Open 7 days during school holidays, closed Tues & Weds in Term time. Please check our website for details.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stumbled across this Tea room while in Alnwick, a great relaxed vibe to enjoy the wide selection of teas on offer.

A good selection of green teas, with the pot seemingly ever lasting!

The cafe looks quite dark and was quiet when we first peered in, but I'm glad we made the decision to try it.
I also tried their Soup of the day which was delicious and thick. I only wish there were more food options to try if we returned as the menu is rather limited and food stops being served quite early.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Being a tea drinker and a coffee hater this cafe was heaven for me. Usually people have loads of choice of coffee but here it's the tea drinker's turn to peruse the menu and feel spoiled for choice by the different teas on offer. I chose the Russian Caravan which was wonderfully smoky. My family also enjoyed the experience. We all had soup which was delicious. Two then had the home made scones which were huge and delicious. My younger daughter and I enjoyed a huge slice of lemon curd cake.
The tea room also sells their teas, we bought a new tea pot, a strainer and two types of tea.
The staff were lovely and friendly. The cafe is relaxing and spotlessly clean. There is even baby changing facilities which impressed me hugely, many bigger cafés don't offer this.
I wish we lived closer, I would be a regular customer.

2  Thank DaisyWorksop
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Charming experience! The tea room provided a range of different tea flavours and a set of sweet bakings. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. As a Nordic people we got a lovely and proper English "tea experience".

Reviewed July 24, 2014

So pleased we came across this cracking little place. We had the soup of which there were two choices, served with chunks of both brown and white fresh bread followed by one of their homemade scones with jam and cream. Both were absolutely delicious. It was a very warm day so we decided against drinking tea but they have an enormous selection which will appeal to most. Service was second to none and it was great value for money. Will definitely return.

1  Thank smarterthinker
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Clean pleasant little shop. Just perfect to drop in while you wait for rain to ease. Very good choice of teas. Quick friendly staff. Russian caravan with cheese & mustard scone.- yummy. Shame it's not on my doorstep

1  Thank Tram10