“5 star food, deserves a better location”
Review of Cafe Delicious - The Tapas Bar - CLOSED

Cafe Delicious - The Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas Bar & Cafe in the centre of Alnwick. Serving authentic homemade Spanish Tapas from lunch through to late evening. In addition through the day a selection of homemade cakes & light lunches. Fully Licenced.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just back from a week in Alnwick. Pleasantly surprised to find a tapas restaurant getting great reviews. And to be clear the food is excellent - everything we ate was splendid - but personally I'd love to see it in a nicer building / environment - feels a bit like a quart into a pint pot. But definitely go for the food!

1  Thank NebAlex

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fantastic tapas. What a lovely restaurant. Quiet when we were there due to a cold snowy night. Made very welcome by the owner. Go - you will not be disappointed

Reviewed February 10, 2014

There was a great selection of hot and cold dishes, lots of choice to suit different tastes. The bits-and-pieces idea of tapas means it would be easy to go there for a fairly cheap, light lunch, although we got more dishes and made an evening meal of it- it still worked out quite reasonably priced. The waiter was lovely and more than happy to help us with our choices. The atmosphere is really relaxed and comfortable, I'll definitely come back when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visitied the Tapas Bar with my girlfriend recently. Neither of us had tried tapas before but we thought we'd have something new. The service here was excellent and when we were a bit stuck for ideas we had some really imaginative and inventive suggestions from the staff. The food is well-cooked, good value and prepared quickly, in a lovely atmosphere.

I've never been to Spain or had tapas, but I really enjoyed my first trip here. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the food was delicious and all was at a very reasonable price. I'm only sorry we didn't get chance to come back again this holiday as planned, but it was still a highlight of our dining out. Well recommended for anyone wanting something a little different.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal here at the weekend. As recommended by the lovely waiter, we had two dishes each plus one more, which was perfect. All dishes were the usual tapas dishes you'd know and were cooked perfectly. They were also served pretty quickly too.
We were there on a Saturday evening and it was really quiet, but that was probably because the weather was so bad. I guess you'd have to reserve a table normally as this is quite an intimate place.