“Somewhere exotic in Alnwick”
Review of Cafe Delicious - The Tapas Bar - CLOSED

Cafe Delicious - The Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas Bar & Cafe in the centre of Alnwick. Serving authentic homemade Spanish Tapas from lunch through to late evening. In addition through the day a selection of homemade cakes & light lunches. Fully Licenced.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

If ever a restaurant deserved to succeed, then it's certainly this one! My wife and I walked in to it's candle-lit interior the other night with no real expectations and only a love of Spanish food driving us on. My goodness - what a revelation! Fantastic up-tempo flamenco music and an enthusiastic welcome from the affable host put us at ease at once and transported us from a cold and dank Alnwick night to somewhere exotic.- I'll make it brief.- The food's flavoursome and authentic, and the Sangria is delicious and heady. Yes, it's not cheap; but if that's what you're after then there's a traditional chippy next door that may suit your needs better. The Tapas Bar in Alnwick is a great find, and the next time my wife and I are in the vicinity, we shall certainly be beating a drooling path to it's door!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We ommitted to book & were grudgingly put on the table nearest the door, which didn't shut properly - very cold evening. Despite being full most of the time we were there, there was no buzz & service was lukewarm, which judging by other reviews wasn't typical.
Good selection of Tapas & Wine, which we enjoyed.

4  Thank BlueWoodgate
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We discovered The Tapas Bar by accident one lunch time and I am glad we did. We we went back two weeks later and it was even better in the evening. Lovely food, lots of choice, warm and friendly surroundings, very nice people, and very reasonably priced. I recommend the house wines. We'll be going back again (and again...)

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

With three tapas for £12 you'd think you couldn't go wrong. Well the food is ok but more English than Spanish and no real flavour of Spain.

The shocker is £3.10 for a small beer.

That to me is a simply a rip off which frankly spoilt the whole dining experience and left me with the belief that the owners are more interested in fleecing customers than delivering a taste of Spain in Alnwick.

Far better ways to spend £20 per head on a meal in Alnwick.

Avoid unless you have deep pockets

6  Thank whyayepet
TheTapasBar, Owner at Cafe Delicious - The Tapas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I'm Sarah, Owner & chef at The Tapas Bar, I'd like to thank you for your feedback to which I would like to respond.
You mention paying £3.10 for a "small beer" you will have had one of our bottled beers(San Miguel, Cruzcampo & Corona all a standard 330ml) a price which is in line with other restaurants & bars in the town so a"rip off" seems rather an exaggeration.
We serve authentic Spanish food and have done so for three years with many excellent reviews which you can read on this site. You will not find any english dishes on our menu, to be honest I would not know where to start with a shepherds pie! however we do make some classic spanish tapas infulenced by the traditional tapas bars of Andalucia, all freshly homemade using many quality ingredients sourced from our excellent Spanish suppliers.
In conclusion I can assure you The Tapas Bar is passionate about delivering a taste of Spain in Alnwick at a fair price.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Glad we booked as a party of 12 had also done so.

Food lovely

Staff really canny and attentive

Price good