“Super Sundays”

Cuisines: American, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visit The Art House once a month for Sunday lunch, which our kids always look forward to. Being a family of 5 we need to cut costs whilst eating out as much as we can. If you are in the same boat, The Art House is the place for you.

Scott and the other boys and girls look after not just us but every customer who walks through the door. They serve with care and always with a personal touch, remembering our kids favourite drinks and make us very comfortable.

At £12 for a three course Sunday lunch you really can't go wrong, you'd think with the price they'd scrimp on portion sizes/quality etc but not here! With plenty to choose from on the set menu they are always prepared to offer alternatives if all doesn't suit. We always leave here stuffed and kids are always occupied. For £40 for 5 dinners and drinks its an amazing super Sunday for us.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit Alnwick we come to the art house and i must say we have never been let down we went on Mon 25th mar for the buy one get one free burger night we both had the burger trio which were sublime and the real handcooked chips are a must we then went back for our last night on Friday. We indulged ourselves with the full 3 courses (don't know how we did it ) but yet again what a fantasic meal and superb service i only wish we could get there more than twice a year but rest assured the first place we will eat next time we get up will be the Art House keep up the good work and thanks again for all the wonderful meals Andrew & Christine Duffy

Reviewed April 5, 2013

arrived here at 7.15pm steak offer was still on even though it was past 7pm. had the steak special, starter for two, two 8oz rump steak two drinks £25, amazing steak nicely cooked, home made chips great food friendly staff.

not a lot more to say

1  Thank CoventryTriumph
Reviewed March 30, 2013

we were in alnwick for a few days with friends me an hubby have been here before and enjoyed it, but our friends have never been before and they are regular visiitors to alnwick and they enjoyed and they will return

the menu as plenty of choice for every one the staff i very friendly and welcoming

the one tiny negative would be the house white wine was not my favourite

i would suggest you book at the week-end as when we went in mid march it was full

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went on a whim with some friends on a Saturday night. I was advised to book a table, which I did and it was good as there's only 10, maybe 15 tables tops.
The place is lovely, with art lining the walls on the way in and art inside too.
The menu really worked for me, with maybe 20 main courses to choose from, mainly seasonal if not all seasonal.
It was fancy food without being too fancy.
I really enjoyed my meal, the main pan fried sea bass with pont neuf potatoes was lovely, the wine was good too.
The only two things that were a let down to me, was the drinks menu and the staff were not very attentive, but they were friendly and the wine I had was nice.
I would still go back