“Poor food, average service”
Review of Lilburn's

Lilburn's
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Alnwick
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Poor food, average service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food really didn't seem the freshest, particularly the seafood. I had a steak which was short on flavour and leaked all over the plate showing it hadn't been rested. After two disappointing courses we avoided dessert since we didn't think it would be worth it.

A table looking into the kitchen which had no door didn't exactly help.

We thought that dining out in Edinburgh often we'd been spoiled by great food, but The Red Lion Inn in Alnmouth proved it's possible to do great food at good prices in the area.

5 Thank StevenKerr

East Sussex
“Wonderful night”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had lunch here about 6 months ago,never gave it a thought that they would be open in the evening, what a lovely surprise, had the most fabulous meal, the staff were great, as it was a tuesday evening not very busy,so only saw one waitress, didn't get her name but she was wonderful really helpful and pleasant, had starters mains and my partner had a pudding, with a good bottle of red,couldn't believe the price so good, the presentation would beat most 5 star restaurants iv e eaten in around and in London,got talking to the chef and the lady owner who wore the most lovely perfume she now knows whom i am lol, (Tom Ford) they were so lovely and welcoming and the chef was so pleased to hear nice reviews, i think his name was George (he loves to fish) anyway we will be going back without any hesitation was yum.

• Visited May 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Disappointingly Average”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant and having read previous reviews booked a table, but how disappointing.
The starters we ordered were OK, I had crab cakes which were nice but would have liked some more sauce. My husband had parcels of deep fried brie, the parcels were crispy on the outside but the brie was still cold in the middle.
Our main courses didn't improve, I had rack of lamb which was tasteless. My husband chose grilled steak with stilton sauce which didn't improve the bland steak. After this we decided not to go for a dessert but my husband had a coffee which he couldn't drink as it was insipid.
All in all wouldn't go there again for an evening meal.

1 Thank Jacken55
Morpeth
“Great food and lovely service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Dined here quite a few occasions and have always had a great meal and brilliant service! Staff can't do enough to help you :-)

“Home from home”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Dined here a few times before and was my choice of restaurant for a birthday lunch with some friends. There were 3 of us and my toddler son. Had soup and panini and some chips and I wasn't charged overprice like some places do. The girls there are attentive and made sure we had everything we needed, also making a fuss of my little boy by giving him biscuits. Their mushroom soup is to die for, could eat it everyday.

Always one of my favourite places to eat!

• Visited March 2013