All reviewsgreen roomtom's breakfastslindisfarne meadlocal areatea and biscuitsattention to detailfirst classperfect hostsbottled watereggs benedictoverlooking the gardenplaces to visitbarter bookstown centreon arrivalhome from homepretty garden
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Unfortunately we were able to spend only 1 night in this little gem. The owners, Tom & Audrey (Bowes), have certainly put a great deal of thought and effort into their establishment and it shows in all those little unexpected extras which litter their "olde worlde" home - the bottles of sherry left in the lounge just in case you feel in need of a glass in an odd moment, the bowls of sweets on the window ledge on the stairs etc.
Tom & Audrey themselves are a credit to the hospitality industry as they were consistently helpful, cheerful and friendly to all their guests.
Breakfast was much more than adequate!!
As I say, we were unfortunately able to spend only the one night at Greycroft - I can see another trip to the area is needed and this time for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Having read the many positive reviews on this B & B we had high expectations - they were all exceeded!
The family room is a delight - spacious, immaculately clean, lots of windows that open (!) and pretty view on to the garden. The house is well located and has parking at the door - not sure what more one could ask for. Tom and Audrey could not have done any more to help us - I would love to return some day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I booked into Greycroft after reading the TA reviews and was not disappointed. From the time I rang to make my reservation to when Tom and Audrey saw me off in the Taxi, I felt like I was looked after and spoilt by family. The bed in no.1 was comfortable and I really liked the fruit/water/sweets dotted around the lovely home

As I was here for a business trip, so location was key and Greycroft was central and walkable to everywhere in Alnwick. As a single female traveller, I felt safe walking around by myself. Audrey kindly provided all maps and directions i needed - and when they went out even gave out their mobile numbers in case any of us got lost!

I had dinner at Loui's as recommended and it was delicious! on weeknights they have a set menu which is great value, and definately go on an empty stomach as portions are huge! I can also recommend Tom's smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which were delicious.

I would recommend Greycroft with no hesitation to anyone wanting to visit Alnwick

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 7leafClover
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Every thing about my stay was delightful, from the warm welcome to the beautiful room. Tom and Audrey are just lovely too. I can't wait to visit again. If you are booked in to Greycroft, relax and look forwards with anticipation, you're in for a treat.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed at Greycroft on our UK adventure and could not fault it. From the moment we arrived, the lovely warm brandy in the lounge, to the gorgeous family room that we stayed in - everything was just lovely. The hosts Tom and Audrey made it feel like a home away from home. The first night we arrived Tom let us know about an italian restaurant just down the hill and we are so glad that he did. The food was superb and such good value for money. It served the best chicken we have ever tasted! We ate there both nights we were in Alwnick. A great recommendation by Tom and a must to do when visiting.
Greycroft was within walking distance to the castle and the gardens - both a must see. We also had cake and coffee at the gardens which was extraordinary good value for money and just so tasty - another must to do.
Our breakfasts on both mornings was just lovely - the scrambled eggs with salmon absolutely delicious - we fell in love with their wholegrain bread! Also tried the black pudding, not our cup of tea but glad we can say we tried it none the less! (Tom - someone along our journey finally told us what it was!!!!!!!!)
We would love to get back to Greycroft again one day. It was such a pleasure meeting Tom and Audrey - such lovely people - such a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends