The Plough
$110
Purdy Lodge(Belford)
$117
$105
Newton Hall(Newton by the Sea)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnespresso machinesmall carboutique hotelalnwick gardensstayed here for one nightevening mealcomplimentary waterlovely hotelcheesecakespecials boardshort stayjolly fishermantea and coffee facilitiessalmontown centrewell worth a visitcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful so a real plus for the hotel! However as for the rest I was not so impressed. Charge was £80 B&B, not cheap and they need to pull their socks up to warrant that sort of charge. My room was freezing on arrival, it seemed "a cleaner" had decided to turn the thermostat off for ALL the rooms - it was very warm downstairs in the bar area. Then there was the 3x1 inch hole in one of my windown frames that had to be blocked up with a towel to stop the snow and wind coming through! The there was the bathroom with one of those systems that chews up waste when flushing, noisey and leaking. Oh well let's try breakfast, don't bother - poor and limited in choice. Sooner stay at a Holiday Inn where I know I get value for money sorry.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been to Alnwick many times and always stayed in the same wonderful place, Greycroft B&B, but I wanted to try something different this time. SoI settled for one of the two largest hotels in the town, Blackmore's. I was disappointed right away since they lost my reservation and didn't have any internet (even thought their website said otherwise) so that I could get my email confirmation off my phone. They did get me a room anyway since there was only one other person staying the night, they had plenty. The room was odd, cold, a very high bed for no reason, and unclean. The wood trimmings looked dirty and full of grime. The bathroom was just as cold and unkempt. Very sparse and unwelcoming. I am having my wedding in Alnwick and will make sure my guests steer clear from here and stay in B&B's instead.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucinda_CA
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Went for a meal on a friday night and it was completely empty and this was 8 o clock.
I had a venison starter and whilst the venison seemed fine the leaves that were served with it were bordering on dead, my partner had twice baked soufle which was more like a pancake. For mains I had tenderloin of pork wrapped in parma ham which was dry and tough, my partner had chicken in breadcrumbs which she described as tasteless. There was no music playing and me and my partner felt like we had to be quiet because it was that empty and didnt want the waiters to be listening in on our conversation. All this for £53. Worst meal I have ever had.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgeH787
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Having recently spent the night here i found myself thinking if i had ever stayed in a worse place in my life, and the answer is NO. The rooms are no where near what they look like on the website and i agree with all the other negative comments about the bathrooms, they smell disgusting from the saniflo systems they have in place i cant understand why they keep the sytems in place when the rooms smell so bad of foul waste. When i mentioned this to one of the staff in the bar they just shrugged there shoulders and didn't seem to care about my complaint. Whilst at thebar i tried one of the real ales which i returned immediately as it tasted disgusting i opted for what i thought was a safe option of lager which i have to say was only just drinkable and felt sick afterwards. This put me off having my evening meal there and found a little italians just down the road and the food there was beautiful. At breakfast i was releaved i did go to the italians as my fears were confirmed when the full english breakfast was slammed down in front of me by the waitress, it was tasteless and rubbery and i could tell everything had been pre cooked days earlier and reheated in a microwave. After complaining about my whole stay on departure there was again a shrug of the shoulders by the member of staff and my bill was put in front of me with no chance of a discount.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank John S
Reviewed January 23, 2012

very good hotel in Alnwick
excellant dining and very friendly bar
Owner is very knowledgeable about local trips, history

Room Tip: Very friendly service , local area is steeped in history beautiful countryside
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends