“Sadly not good”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Sadly not good”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This establishment has recently changed names and has reverted to being The Plough. I took my kids for lunch today. My daughter was 18 today so it was a birthday treat. I order the crab and prawn tian. It was not good. I think the crab is crabsticks. It was wet messy food. My daughter had the garlic mushrooms which she enjoyed. For main caiurse I had the fillet steak which was very good. The chips on which it sat were horrible. Cold and soggy. My son had the Whale Tail Cod which he liked but the chips were cold and the peas etc were cold. My daughter had one of the specials (chicken with stilton, bacon and leeks withe creamy mash) she said it was ok. Nothing special. Overall we were disappointed. The presented food was poor but I think the quality of the ingredients was good. I also noted that the premises had a horrible chemical smell when we walked in. I gagged. Not good. I will not be back which is a shame as I have eaten here on a number of previous occasions before the name change and it was much better than today.

Amble, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Day”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Thanks to Clair and the other staff for working so hard to ensure that our big day went off without any problems. The food was fantastic and the service top class.

A big thank you from Susan and Andy

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 102susan
East Sussex
“yet another great stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed a few times here, and never dissapointed,the service is fantastic, the food is just fab, set in a lovely little market town,great for travelling for business and very busy with tourists.great staff

• Visited June 2012
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Chicken was tough and the fish batter was inedible. We had previously been here 2 years ago and found it good, but standards have gone very much down hill since then.

Visited June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great British Food”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

There were six of us and all of our meals were wonderful.

Visited May 2012