All reviewsfantastic valuesingle roomincluding breakfastattending a weddingwould stay againmain buildingsunday lunchfollowing morningyogurtpubensuitemains
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stay here regular on business. The rooms I have stayed in have been lovely, clean, and spacious. Very comfortable indeed. The included breakfast is absolutely gorgeous and generous! Fresh ground coffee too! I have also dined here and that was very nice, lovely friendly staff every-time I have been. Overall, I would highly recommend staying at the Heart of England.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

After a really long walk along the canal we were really looking forward to a good pub meal. My partner ordered beer battered on the premises fish and chips and I ordered the hearty steak pie and chips and my daughter had the kids chicken nuggets and chips. They brought the food out ok but my partners fish was not cooked so we had to send it back and there was no way it was battered on the premises. Our chips were oven chips.. My pie was not cooked properly and barely contained any steak.. My daughter had 7 chips and 4 nuggets.. Needless to say the food was very poor which was a shame as the pub was lovely looking and the staff were extremely nice. Sort the food out and this could be a great place as its located next to the canal but we won't be going back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Lilacmoonstar
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very clean, we got a very good deal from the hotel reception. Cheaper than laterooms. Very quiet and a good breakfast in the morning.
We went there for our anniversary. Had nice time downstairs in the pub. Good prices.
Very mpressed with room. Had everything need. Lovely place. Best nice sleep in countryside.

Room Tip: Laterooms.com is good deal
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

1st off - this really isn't in Northampton and is closer to Daventry as it is in Weedon.

Got a cracking deal on B&B off Laterooms - was a bit wary for what we paid - but couldn't be faulted - good clean airy rooms, comfy beds, hearty red hot breakfast, friendly staff, free WiFi that was actually a strong signal.
Ate in the Indian next door and similarly that was good value as well......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I came on a Wednesday evening with a group of girls. I was very busy with a good atmosphere. Was looked after all evening by well attentive staff. Meal was hot and just like it said on the menu. Specials board had SO much choice, it was difficult to choose!
Peroni on draught (which is my favourite) so very happy with selection of beers.
Garden was very pretty at night, lots of fairy lights in different colours.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends