All reviewsfantastic valuesingle roomincluding breakfastattending a weddingwould stay againmain buildingsunday lunchfollowing morningyogurtpubensuitemains
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Just stayed at the Heart of England in Weedon, Northants. Took advantage of their Xmas offer and stayed for 2 nights with my grandmother.
Meals were excellent. I'm a veggie and my nan is sometimes 'fussy' so we are not usually easily pleased. Vast choice of food, very good prices & very tasty. Best of all, the a la carte breakfast was 10/10.
The room was big and very warm. Minus 10 outside but we wouldn't have known it. 40 free channels on brand new wide-screen TV.
Pub homely - real ales - all staff friendly. A pleasure spending Sunday afternoon lazing around reading the Sunday papers in the pub.
Even if I had paid the full rack rate I would rate this as the best stay I have enjoyed at an English hotel in years...(and i stay in plenty of nice hotels)
The manager even waved us off when we left! Thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DavAndrews
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Stayed here as not too far from Silverstone and we had tickets for the British Grand Prix. On arrival, it was unclear which entrance to use. A quite unfriendly male member of staff checked us in and told us our room was at the top of the hotel on the third floor (not good when it was 30 degrees and we had heavy suitcases but still...). We made our way up there and were disappointed to find that the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website. The best way to describe it was shabby. It was so hot we needed to have the windows open to try to get some air and unfortunately our room was at the front of the hotel which faces onto a very busy road so we had heavy traffic noise all day and night (something not mentioned on the website). The pub offers a 241 menu but we didn't try it as there was a disgusting smell of stagnant water on the ground floor for the whole four days we were there. Shame because we specifically chose to stay at a pub so that we could sleep, eat and drink in the same place. Only good points I can think of are the beds were comfortable and the shower worked. Oh and they have free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank CazzalovesLewis
Reviewed November 9, 2009

stayed at the heart of england they was a group of 8 the place was clean and tidy breckfast was very nice the landlady was brilliant would do anything for you . Are car broke down and we had to leave there , left keys with landlady and sorted out to get fixed would recomend this hotel deffinateley going to go back must try also cheap rates excellent service

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed December 24, 2008

We paid £30 which at Xmas is a good find including breakfast.

We were originally given room no. 3 which in my humble opinion should be a single not a double and was above the pub, decor was nice and everything looked in good order however it didn't have a bath so we asked for another room if possible that did.

The child behind the bar didn't know so went off to find out, don't know where he went to as 30 mins later we were still sipping our drinks...eventually after requesting another room again, we were shown number 11, the annexe twin disabled room. This was a bigger room obviously and had a bath, flat screen TV, free Wi-fi and plentiful hot drink facilities. We didn't have any main meals, they have a 241 deal on all the time so I guess you get what you pay for.

The only things wrong with the room is that every 15-20 mins a gurgling plumbing noise briefly goes off and the extractor fan in the bathroom takes forever to stop after switching off the lights, I have highlighted these annoyances in the feedback form, but as I said in the beginning if I'd have had to pay full price of £70 a room it would have been a different story.

Breakfast was OK, cooked breakfast was abundant, also had help yourself cereals, fruit etc. Staff were friendly enough but had a cleaner cleaning floors and tables and coughing all over them at the same time which wasn't pleasant nor hygienic.

Overall a cheap stopover, not a romantic getaway and make sure you don't pay full price.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 22, 2007

My wife and I stayed here to break up an after-work journey down to London from Manchester and I've got to say for the price this has got to be one of the best value deals we've ever found.

The Double room we booked was absolutely massive (we've paid far more for much less). The pub downstairs is full of friendly staff and locals and they do a cracking 'two for one' deal on main meals. We didn't end up eating as we arrived late but the food looked pretty good for pub fare.

The Heart of England is just off the M1 and about an hour out of London. Far better than the travellodges you see littering most of the services on the way down and probably a bit cheaper (and better value) as well.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple