“Overlooked gem of a place”

Heart of the Shires Shopping Village
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Weedon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Found the leaflet for this among many at our accommodation and decided to visit even though we had not heard of this and one of our party had passed by it unnoticed on the journey.

We were so pleased we did it was full of lovely little shops, good variety and fresh produce with a band playing on the bandstand. We had lunch in Darlington Tea Rooms and although busy we were promptly served by a very pleasant waitress who was worried that my ice cream was melting in the heat of the day.

1  Thank JoPattern
"nice countryside"
"scones"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was recommended a trip here by the waitress in my hotel - and I'm really glad she did! It was a lovely, hot Sunday an the shops were a real surprise.

Given it was a lovely day (and I'd been cooped up in my office all week and sat on the motorway driving fir 5 hours in roasting temps the day before!) I wanted to find somewhere outside, but with something I could look around (was visiting Althorp House later in the day). The Shopping Village more than fit the bill and I came away happy to have sent time outside (although the shops are inside!).

There is something here for everyone, really!

1  Thank AnnieO60
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stopped by here with a friend on our way to an appointment, enjoyed a lovely sandwich and cake in the coffee shop and brought some things at the cute gift shops. Well worth a stop by!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the recommendation of a friend. Enjoyed mooching. Loved the cooks' shop. Made some useful purchases for gifts. Enjoyed earring at the cafe/restaurant. No chips. Plenty of other good choices. Will return.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great shops that are different from the usual. Wonderful kitchen shop selling everything from quality pans to all your needs for cake baking and lovely crockery. A nice deli selling wonderful cheeses,if, you want an unusual gift plenty of little shops selling nice gift ideas. Antique shop ,tea rooms, gifts for your pets what more could you want. A really nice place to spend a couple of hours. Plenty of parking space and clean toilets.