“Excellent Lobster”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Weedon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Narrow Boat at Weedon - a superb canalside country pub providing a great dining venue and comfortable en-suite canal side rooms. Food is freshly prepared by our award nominated chef and sourced from local suppliers where possible. Food and drinks can be served to you in the bar, restaurant, heated deck areas or beside the canal on the lawns. Have a look at our inspiring menus, canal side accommodation, regular events, business and leisure facilities and contact us for further information or to make a booking. We also have function rooms ideal for weddings, celebrations and parties! The Narrow Boat at Weedon is situated right on the Grand Union Canal and the A5. It is conveniently close to places of interest, sporting and leisure venues including Silverstone motor racing circuit, the Althorp Estate and Stoke Bruerne waterways museum and canal - click here for more places of interest. Only 1 hour from London, just a 30 minute journey from the city of Central Milton Keynes and 15 minutes south from the historic town of Northampton, this is an ideal base for business, leisure, or just enjoying one of Northamptonshire's best country pub and dining venue with rooms. You can also book small or large party celebrations in one of our special meeting rooms. Our AA rosette award winning chef cooks up exciting dishes for every taste from freshly made stone baked pizzas and in house freshly made burgers to fillet steak with pressed ox-tail.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not my first visit to this establishment. Had an excellent meal (freshly prepared whole lobster) which was served by a very friendly and knowledgeable young man (Tom). Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Whilst looking for somewhere to stop for a sunny lunch, I fell quite by accident upon the Narrow Boat at Weedon. I am ashamed to say that although I dont actually live very far away I have only ever been here once before....it was over 8 years ago, in winter, and I wasnt all that impressed at the time.
Wow things have changed here since then!

The setting here is a real selling point, beautiful garden area, lovely seating & decking area, gorgeous views and even a small secure childrens play area (hard to find these days)
The menu wasnt huge, but still lots of choice.
Now many reviews on here moan about the costs.....what are you expecting? yes it is more expensive than a "chain" type of restaurant, but still reasonable & but the food is nothing like what you would be fed in the chains. I had the soup (which was absolutely gorgeous, one of the best I have had whilst dining out) followed by a stone baked Pizza which looked & tasted delicious. Everything was so fresh & you could tell it was all made to order.
Service was quick & friendly so couldnt complain there either.

IF i had to have a niggle about anything, there were one or two small things (not a huge choice for veggies & the use of very cheap basic ketchup sachets, I didnt need it but do love to see some Heinz about when i do!) but to be honest the rest of the experience far outweighed the negatives and they are merely points that maybe could be taken on in the future.

I will be returning very soon to this lovely little hidden gem to try more of that lovely menu & I hope that I will be as happy as I was this time.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went as apart of a big pre wedding bash on the eve of the nuptials. A big BBQ had been organised and we were all blessed with splendid weather. The Pub had put our private party on the large decking area which was ideal. Lots of families were enjoying the evening sun in the gardens and we all felt part of the atmosphere. We had our own chef who cooked burgers chicken sausages etc. There were lots of salads, bread and fab puddings. I was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food. The bar staff were very helpful as was the chef. It was a most enjoyable evening.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Called in on a Saturday night with my wife. I had a steak which was perfectly medium cooked. My wife had a burger which she likes cremated! It was just as she liked it . The service was excellent the wine ice cold, and we would definitely recommend it. There is a nice outside area with decking if you want less formal eating .

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Lovely location, but service slow, food - starter of large salad for 2, consisted of 2 rashers crispy bacon, lettuce, 6-8 strips of chicken, 5-6 anchovies = £11.95 which incidentally was brought out with the main courses. Waitress took them back to kitchen.
Mains - Duck at £16.50 with stir fry = 5/6 medallions of duck and assorted stir fry vegetables, plus overcooked rice. Steak at £15.95 which was supposed to be rare but was well done, as were the chips, mains were obviously re-heated from bringing with the starter, although waitress assured us that wasn't the case.
I would return for a drink, but certainly not to eat. They were very busy but no excuse at the price.

2  Thank Catherine B