“Superb”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Weedon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Narrow Boat at Weedon - a superb canalside country pub providing a great dining venue and comfortable en-suite canal side rooms. Food is freshly prepared by our award nominated chef and sourced from local suppliers where possible. Food and drinks can be served to you in the bar, restaurant, heated deck areas or beside the canal on the lawns. Have a look at our inspiring menus, canal side accommodation, regular events, business and leisure facilities and contact us for further information or to make a booking. We also have function rooms ideal for weddings, celebrations and parties! The Narrow Boat at Weedon is situated right on the Grand Union Canal and the A5. It is conveniently close to places of interest, sporting and leisure venues including Silverstone motor racing circuit, the Althorp Estate and Stoke Bruerne waterways museum and canal - click here for more places of interest. Only 1 hour from London, just a 30 minute journey from the city of Central Milton Keynes and 15 minutes south from the historic town of Northampton, this is an ideal base for business, leisure, or just enjoying one of Northamptonshire's best country pub and dining venue with rooms. You can also book small or large party celebrations in one of our special meeting rooms. Our AA rosette award winning chef cooks up exciting dishes for every taste from freshly made stone baked pizzas and in house freshly made burgers to fillet steak with pressed ox-tail.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having eaten several times at The Narrow Boat I feel its time to leave a review. It is quite simply a delight to visit from the moment you step through the door. Staff are always attentive to your needs. Food has always been top notch. The steaks consistently cooked to perfection. Well done to everyone involved and looking forward to many more visits.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have chosen the Narrow Boat for our 10th Wedding anniversary. What a mistake!The Restaurant wasn't very busy but we still waited 5 minutes to be seated. I wanted to start with a glass of champagne but there was no staff to be seen. Eventually I went to the Bar and ordered. We received flat Champagne! I didn't want to complain. I didn't want to spoil our special night. The meal was ok but not special. My wife didn't fancy any of the starters so we went straight to maincourse. And waited and waited and waited! I had the burger and my wife had pork belly. There were no vegetables. We asked the waitress but she said we hadn't ordered any. Very disappointing. Extra charge for vegetables! All in all a bit expensive for what we got. Nobody asked if we were happy with our meal, nobody came to see if we wanted another drink. We decided to pay and have a relaxing drink in the Crossroads instead. What a disappointing night. I wanted that night to be special. Service need to be improved big times.

4  Thank mark D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Disappointed with the service when two friends and I visited last week. It was QUIET yet our veggies were forgotten, my friend's risotto looked like an overdone fishcake and there was an error on the bill (which was, to be fair, swiftly dealt with when we pointed it out). No excuse for a very quiet January evening. We visit here quite often as it is a convenient meeting place and we were taking advantage of 10% discount which we earned on our last visit in December. Might have to consider going somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having booked a table for 6 adults and 2 children, arrived to a table of 6 and the waitress seemed put out when we asked for a table for the correct number of guests! Only then did I realise this was the same waitress that rolled her eyes at me on a previous visit.

Service was very slow, we had to ask more than once for service even though it had been snowing all day and the restaurant was empty,

Then food was OK. We asked for sides for the children which never arrived but for which we were charged and were asked if we wanted 'peas or broccoli' with our chicken only to be charged extra for these - don't you usually get asked if you want a side rather than being asked to choose from two dishes which you then wrongly assume is included with the main?

I was actually quite embarrassed by the end of the meal as had suggested that my family visit The Narrow Boat after enjoying a few meals there but the attitude of the staff, who were more interested in texting or speaking on their mobiles or propping up the bar chatting spoilt what should have been an enjoyable meal, for all of us, especially as we had travelled a long way in the snow to get there.

Amazing how the attitude of the staff can make such a difference to your experience - we won't be returning.

1  Thank ChunkyChicken
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Chose this restaurant for our Christmas Day lunch after reading their well presented web site.

Arrived, greeted and seated with a very friendly welcome indeed which filled us with a warm and fluffy Christmas Day feeling, however, it was downhill from there.

Like previous posts we sat for a considerable time for someone to come back to take our drinks order, in the end we had to stop a waitress to ask.

Fondue type soup was tasty but we had to call back the waitress for a spoon.

There was an issue with the family group on the next table to us. They had to wait ages for their table as the previous diners had overstayed.

Noticed that other tables had Xmas crackers laid - so we stopped the waitress and asked for ours.

Beef Wellington was excellent however the vegetables were poor and could only eat the carrots. We left the peas.

Dessert as previous post - the Crumble top was akin to a "Frisbee" and should you have managed to get your spoon through the biscuit top, it sure would have flirted across the room. We left this this as uneatable.

We endured another issue during our time at this restaurant too which was not resolved to our satisfaction.

Not sure if this was their first attempt at Christmas Day lunch but the service / meal fell way short of expectations and at the price charged, it was nothing more than a weekday meal at Hungry Horse.

1  Thank ArryJac