“Driving Experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silverstone
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
“Driving Experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here last November for 2 nights. I was doing a driving experience at the Silverstone track. The Receptionists gave me a warm welcome, they also advised me on the layout of Silverstone and the village and printed off directions so I could visit Force India and Red Bull while I was there.
The staff in the Green Man were friendly and looked after me while I was on my own.The quality of the food was excellent.An enjoyable stay which added to the driving experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark S
Lloyd C, Manager at Premier Inn Silverstone, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Mark S

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us from your stay in November 2011. We hope that you had a great time at Silverstone for your driving experience?
We are glad that you found our staff helpful and courteous, they are a fountain of knowledge where Silverstone track is concerned and the staff are all fairly local, so when you ask where abouts to visit, they know where to recommend.

I am glad that you found the restaurant accomodating. I will make sure I pass your feedback to them.

Premier Inn, Silverstone.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Liverpool, England
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights while at the race circuit and although its a bit further away than stated is still quite near. It's a usual premier inn quality you get in any of them. Due to very different reports on the "Green Man" we were pleasantly surprised to find it was fine for our group of 6 and the food was good and served HOT. We would go to both places again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Atkins419
Lloyd C, Manager at Premier Inn Silverstone, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Atkins419, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent stay at Premier Inn, Silverstone.
We are really pleased that you had a good stay here recently and we hope you enjoyed your visit and your time at the track.

We are really pleased that you had a good experience at The Green Man, I will pass your comments to the manager there.

london
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very helpful staff, room was big and clean cant argue really!

Upon arrival the staff were very efficient and explained all we needed to know about the hotel and services.

Taxi's were booked for us when we needed them.

Next door is a very nice pub called the Green Man, again very friendly and helpful staff and the prices are very good.

If you are visiting the Silverstone race track it is less then a 2 minute drive.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CharlotteK, thank you for taking a few minutes to leave some feedback about Premier Inn, Silverstone.
We are glad that our staff helped you woth booking taxis and we are also pleased that you found them to be really helpful and explain everything you need to know. Our house-keeping staff do work really hard to deliver clean and comfortable rooms for you to stay in and make your stay the best stay.
We are also pleased that you had a nice meal at The Green Man, I will pass your feedback to the manager there.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

All our family traveled down to Brackley for a family occasion and this hotel was superb. A wee bit noisy facing the main road if you like to sleep with your window open (like me), but overall the hotel and especially the staff, could not be faulted in anyway. Only real disappoint was the initial welcome at the pub next door for breakfast. Long wait just to sit down then a rush with the breakfast order

Room Tip: Chose a room at the back, not as nice a view, but hey, it's a quiet nights sleep you want.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sammywake1
Dear Sammywake1, thank you for leaving feedback about your recent stay at Premier Inn, Silverstone. We are really glad that you found our hotel 'superb'. It makes all our hard work worth it when guests have a great stay with us.
Unfortunatly, the road noise is something we can not control. I will pass your feed back about The Green Man to the manager there.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to Silverstone.

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room 103 is just above the boiler room for the hotel hot water. Whilst getting ready for dinner I heard a loud rumble and vibration through the floor. When I asked reception about it, they said that once people were asleep, hot water would not be needed and the boiler would probably not start. Wrong! All through the night at about 40 minute intervals the noise and vibration lasted for about 30 seconds. I must have slept, but, in the morning, I felt as though I had been awake all night. I complained and reception immediately refunded my money; they were clearly aware of the problem. Not good when I had requested a quiet room at the back of the hotel and was hoping to be refreshed in order to race at Silverstone the next day. Apart from this, it's a good hotel and I will stay there again. But not in room 103!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, facing away from the main road, particularly in summer, when you will ne...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lloyd C, Manager at Premier Inn Silverstone, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I am really sorry that on this occasion your quality of sleep wasn’t as it should have been and you had some issues with your room. This is an issue that I have since looked into a rectified so this will not happen again. I hope that in the morning you where offered a refund for your nights stay under the “Good night Guarantee” and if this hasn’t happened please contact me directly at the hotel so I can action this for you. I hope this hasn’t put you off staying with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Silverstone Premier Inn
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is situated next to a very busy dual carriageway. The entrance and exit are via a short slip road - not for the faint hearted! We had booked a 2 night stay and had to change rooms after the first night as I had hardly slept due to the constant traffic noise. To be fair, my husband slept through, and it does mention traffic noise on the hotel's website. Our second night was perfect on the "quiet side", so it might be worth asking for this if you book.
The hotel itself was very clean and well equipped and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We did pop in to the pub for a drink, but the staff seemed negative and disinterested in the customers, so we didn't stay to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lloyd C, Manager at Premier Inn Silverstone, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Helen D
Thanks for taking a few minutes to leave us a review about your recent stay at Premier Inn, Silverstone.
We are sorry that you didn't have a great nights sleep on your first night, that is what Premier Inns are all about.Hopefully that was rectified on the 2nd night of your stay.
We are really please that you found the hotel to be clean and well equipped.Our staff are really happy in their roles here at Silverstone, and it shows when you check in or walk past reception.
Sadly, there is not a lot we can do about the approach to the hotel, lots of people do ring up asking for directions and we always try to let them know that the slip road is a small slip road. However, I hope that this hasn't put you off visiting Silverstone Premier Inn again.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

after reading some of the comments , and being a regular Premier Inn user , I was a little worried , but , I had no reason to be concerned , the units and the Green Man pub next door both did a very good job , the food and general feel of both establishments were excellent

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear fil2-8
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about Premier Inn, SIlverstone.
We are delighted that you had a really good stay and enjoyed a meal at the Green Man.
I will pass your feedback to the manager there.

Premier Inn, SIlverstone.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverstone
Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury Hall
#3 of 3 in Towcester
Travelodge Towcester Silverstone
The Saracens Head Hotel
The Saracens Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Towcester
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Str...
#12 of 34 in Milton Keynes
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15
Hotel Campanile Northampton
Hotel Campanile Northampton
#19 of 29 in Northampton

Been to Premier Inn Silverstone? Share your experiences!