Silverstone Bed and Breakfast
The White Hart(Buckingham)
The Crown Hotel(Brackley)
Milton Keynes Hotel(Deanshanger)
View Hotel
All reviewsb blovely weekendstay there againpeteelainetrackcircuit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Silverstone bed and breakfast overnight as we had a tour of the world famous circuit and single seater experience.Pete and Elaine were more than welcoming showed us to our room,gave us a breakfast menu to choose what we would like.later that evening they gave us directions to the local public house in the village(approx 10 minute walk)even offered us the use of a brolly.
The room we stayed in was on the ground floor and en-suite it was clean and very well equipped with tea/coffee making facilities,tv/dvd and a selection of dvds.
Breakfast was served right on the time we requested in a beautiful dining room,i had the full english and my wife had the biggest bowl of porridge I've ever seen.
In summary the overnight we had was excellent and added to the enjoyment of a brilliant weekend.we would definitely stay here here again if we could get booked in.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

On our arrival to the b&b, Sat 9th of March 2013, we were told by the owners, that there were having a diner party that evening. We left our bags in our room, opposite to the dinning room, and went out for dinner. We decided to have an early night, as we had travel all day from up north to get there and we had an early start the following morning (6.30am).
We got back to our room at 20.30pm and the party had just started. We didn't say anything about the noise as it was very early in the night and we also thought it wouldn't go on for too long. By 22.00pm, the noise got worst and they also decided to put some music on. It was imposible to not hear them as our room was wall to wall with the dinning room. By 23.30pm we decided we had enough and by 00.00am we pack our bags and were by the front door ready to leave. We got the owners attention to have a word with him and he was Speeachless to say the least. We explained the situation and he compleatly understood and he told us he didn't think. We gave him some advice, to not have a dinner party, more like a full on party to us, if you have got paying guests that are not, will not, get the service they are paying for. We left saying we were not willing to pay, to what he agreed. We finally arrived to another hotel at 1am and ended up getiing just over 6hrs sleep. The stayed, dinner and Silverstone Experience was a birthday present from myself to my partner and i have to say, i was very sad to see the end result after all the time, money and effort i put into it. And i dont need to say, my partner was understanding but very unhappy himself. We will never go there again and wont recommended to anyone

Room Tip: If you are after a good night sleep, DO NOT GO THERE
1  Thank verogambin
ElaineDyer, Owner at Silverstone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We were devastated that this couple found they had to leave, particularly as it was late in the evening. However, we had no warning whatsoever that there was a problem until our guests presented themselves with bags packed and ready to leave. We have indeed taken notice of their comment, and will no longer have a dinner party whilst guests are in the adjacent room. We're a bit disappointed at the title of their review, as it implies nobody can get a good nights sleep, which is absolutely not true, but we can understand their anger and frustration at the time of writing it. All we can say is read the reviews to either side of this one and you'll get a balanced view

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have used the Silverstone B&B for my half marathon - stayed for 1 night. It was a fantastic experience! Pete was friendly, helpful offered to pick us up from the bus stop and all around charming host! The B&B is 10 minutes walk from the circuit - so if you drive you can leave your car in their car park (just let them know!). It's very clean, comfortable home. Our room was comfortable, tidy, welcoming and we had clean towels and plenty of hangers available. The bathroom and other facilities are the same. Clean and tidy. Breakfast was served a couple of minutes after we went downstairs in the morning and it was lovely! (Even though Pete was holding the front by himself!)

I highly recommend this B&B! One thing, if you are allergic to cats you might want to talk to them!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely!
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night as I was taking him to Silverstone for a driving experience for his birthday. I spent a long time choosing a place to stay which was close to the track and had good reviews and decided that this B&B was a good choice. However, I now wish I had chosen somewhere further away from the track as the service we received was extremely disappointing!

When we arrived the lady did not introduce herself and we were not made to feel welcome at all. We were just shown to the room, told where the bathroom was and that there's a pub down the road. She showed no interest in us being there or what we were going to be doing at Silverstone. Within 10 minutes of being in the room the lady and her son were arguing - it seemed that one of them was upstairs (next to our room) and the other was downstairs so it was impossible not to hear them! This lasted quite a while. After an hour or so we went out for dinner and gave in our breakfast form on the way. The form said that breakfast was from 7am and asked us to specify a time. We chose 7am as we had to be at the track very early which I explained to the lady. She did not seem happy about it at all and it seemed far too much trouble for her.

The room was comfortable and clean, but with a cuckoo clock on the landing which chimed loudly every hour it was disturbing during the night so was not the best night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning was good but again there was bickering amongst the family about being up so early and making the breakfast...which it turned out was for 3 other guests in addition to us between 7 and 7.30. If having breakfast at this time was too early it shouldn't be an option, however it is a B&B and surely having breakfast is an important part of the stay!

Upon checking out, the man barely said anything to us, I confirmed the price and gave him the money. All he said was thank you, bye. I would expect a bit more from the hosts as its their family business and surely they would have liked to make sure that their guests had a pleasant stay, but it seemed to be the least of their worries.

I would not recommend staying here as the atmosphere was not at all welcoming, the only good point is that it's close to the track.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hayley S
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Pete and Elaine were away but David and Louise looked after us superbly. Warm welcome, friendly, nothing too much trouble. We stayed in the twin room with en suite and great to be able to open the patio door and walk in the lovely garden with the chickens! Slept well. Great shower. Breakfast pefect for me. I don't mind sitting at 1 large table to chat to other guests. Thanks Louise for great service and friendly and to David for cooking ~ I had lovely poached eggs while my partner had the full english. Would be better to have own transport but we managed! Thanks to David for driving us to the race circuit each day over the weekend. Long walk for me with arthritis. Nearer 1 mile to the main gate. We were too tired to walk to the pub after wards, being quite a walk the other direction! where the shop is too, which closes early on Sunday.Would recommend the B&B for sure.

Room Tip: If you don't like to share bathroom and don't mind twin beds then book the ensuite twin room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple