“Excellent rally school!”

$129.11*
and up
1-Hour Rally Experience at Silverstone
More attraction details
Owner description: A great activity in Silverstone rally driving experiences and training for adults and children as individuals.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent rally school!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Did a junior rally today and it was brilliant the instructor (Andy) was amazing, he made it fun and interesting whilst driving round the track but the best part was either doing the handbrake turn or the hot lap at the end all on all had a great day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nugget2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun in the mud - rally morning”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a birthday present I got a half day rally experience and went along to the school in late March. The night before we had a good 2-3 inches of snow so expected it to be called off – but that never happened – the event went ahead.

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. How was I going to get a Subaru to do a power slide and a handbrake turn???

As soon as I turned up at the track it all became clear. The track is basically a rough dug out dirt track in a field – but exactly right for what we were going to do
So what was it like? Great. Give it a go. You drive up to the school along a narrow road. The track is to your right and as described above. There is a meeting room where you get your briefing and can grab a coffee and some food. It is not posh but don`t let that put you off it is perfect for the job.

A very important thing is the instructors are really friendly. They make you feel at ease and are easy to talk to. That is very important to me. You have to understand they are experts and you are not, so just sit back and enjoy.

You get a shot briefing and then it is helmets and ready to go. On the day I was there I was sharing the car with 4 others and there were 3 cars (I think) on the track. So you have to wait your turn but you will enjoy the time talking to the others in your group and trying to remember what to do.

You do one circuit being shown what to do and then you have a go. I found it very un natural as you are being told to do things which are the complete opposite to what you should be doing on the road – so expect to get it wrong – I did loads of times.

When you get to go around the track in the opposite direction it does make a real difference.
Was it good – you bet! Was I any good at the slides and the hand brake turns – no – but not sure that matters.

Great day out – really good and friendly people (the most important) - and for another £10 have a go at a hot lap. You will be surprised how smooth it is.
Thanks for a good time

Visited March 2013
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Rally in the snow”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just experienced the silverstone 1/2 day rally experience, a fantastic way to spend a sideways Saturday, the snow and wet only added to the fun, great instruction from Andy. The first session means the focus is just keeping the car on the track and technique comes and goes, power sliding in the Luke scoobies was so much better in the flesh than watching on Dave. By the time it was to do the full track last lap I was just getting the hang of it!
I finished the day with a hot lap with Connor showing me how fast the pro,s go around the track.
They do junior courses and I'm sending my daughter to understand clutch and steering control better in their rally Ka's as I think all youngsters should at least experience once how to handle a skid!!

Visited March 2013
Bedfordshire
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Had a fantastic full day's rallying”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would recommend anyone to have ago at the rally school. I learnt alot and it was such good fun. Would love to have progressed further but I've probably left it too late in life. Highly recommend.

1 Thank mx5fan
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Learn: Handbrake turns, figure of eight power sliding, how not to use a break..!

Very enjoyable morning although the frost was biting that day. Not to worry though once the adrenalin gets pumping.!

1 Thank Mike M