“No tap water?”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The owner, Peter is normally very chatty and pleasant. During a recent visit he was very cold with us. We aren't particularly regular customers but you don't expect that especially as he does know us all by name. He also has a new chap working there who was quite rude telling us that we shouldn't order a particular dish next time if we couldn't eat all of it? I should add that we hadn't finished at that point so he was a touch eager with his criticism as we went on to clear the plates. The same man also bluntly told us that we could not have tap water? There is no legal requirement for a restaurant to provide tp water, this is an urban myth, but it doesn't do a lot to promote goodwill by refusing to do it. Probably be some time before we go again to be honest. The food in the buffet Chinese up the road is a little cheaper and of a similar quality. I vote with my wallet...

1  Thank Alan H

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Surprised there are no other review's for the Shanghia, as allot of their customers come via their facebook marketing.

- Excellent table served all you can eat.
- Food nice, good choice
- Good range of food for Veggies my wife tells me
- Be aware, they understandably do not like waste, but if you are "trying something differant" ask for a mini portion, which they are happy the serve
- Dellboy and Rodney as I call them, are good at getting you to drink!!!
- They expect a tip!!! do not expect to spend under £20 once your drinks are included
- Expect a great meal and a good laugh

My favorite restaurant in Rushden, good food and good fun service.

5  Thank Gareth E