Tripadvisor
Rothwell
Post
Inbox
Search

“Amazing food, lovely staff”
Review of Thai Garden

Thai Garden
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Rothwell
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently had the opportunity to eat in at this restaurant. Upon walking in, the atmosphere was quite relaxed and the staff are immediately friendly, and were very attentive to requests. The menu is varied, with Thai, Chinese and Malaysian cuisine. The food was superb; the prawns in garlic butter are exceptionally addicting. Everything was cooked perfectly. The great reviews this restaurant has are definitely well deserved, and when I am in the area again I will definitely return to sample more dishes from the best restaurant in Rothwell.

Date of visit: January 2020
JoanneT2219, General Manager at Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Ray T

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am happy that you enjoyed your visit. We will always continue to serve our customers the highest quality and range of dishes possible as well as customer service and will be looking forward to your return.

Write a reviewReviews (354)

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Having previously visited both for takeaway and restaurant meals I was extremely disappointed with both our meal and service on New Years Eve. I called our order in at 6pm and was told it would be 25 minutes. I was there just before 6.25pm. It was jam packed in the waiting area. Customers who had booked tables were having to squeeze their way through. Our meal was finally ready at about 8pm! No apologies for my wasted time. Others had been waiting longer than me. To top it off some of the food had obviously been resting on heat and was dry and tasteless. I was going to keep it and take it back the next day but couldn’t be bothered to go back. The dogs had it! After having spent thousands of pounds here over the years I will give my money to a more deserving restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
JoanneT2219, General Manager at Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Screme2017,

We are terribly sorry that you have had to wait since 6pm for your order and we made sure on the day that all the customers that ordered takeaways on New Years Day were let known that orders would take longer than usual due to the high number of orders from takeaways and sit-in customers. Although having to wait over 1.5hrs is our fault and we genuinely apologise.

I also hope that your dogs are okay as feeding them ingredients such as garlic and onions, or spicy peppers are not canine-stomach friendly and can cause anaemia or poisoning if too much is ingested!

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

I would not normally comment about somebody else's review, but I feel that the review made by martella 1964 is unjust and completely contradictory with their review in August 19. We to were at the restaurant on Christmas eve and had made our booking weeks before, we also received a phone call confirming our booking which I thought was quite professional.
We were sat in the same area which they were complaining about, yes it's in the bar area which accommodates smaller tables, the upper part of the restaurant was for bigger groups of people, this was quite obvious to anyone.
Our evening was really lovely and the food was great as usual, the "scruffy" lady was not scruffy at all and was very attentive to all the 4 tables. We will be back " you have been "warned"

Date of visit: December 2019
JoanneT2219, Manager at Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Hello Robboy66,

We thank you and greatly appreciate your kind words towards our restaurant and staff. We always uphold our highest standards of food and customer service and are very happy to hear you had an enjoyable Christmas Eve dinner!

Thank you very much and we look forward to serving you again. We have been warned.

Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I have visited this restaurant previously and very kindly left positive reviews but only because we felt sorry for a tiny basic place with minimal staff. I am amazed that the place is still open. We received free drinks as a pay off and bribe on our next and last visit after showing the older women our positive review. We booked a table weeks ago for Christmas Eve. We received a telephone call at 9.20 PM several days ago which disturbed us to confirm that we were still coming. Very rude and unprofessional. I do not appreciate being bothered at home in this manner. We arrived on time on Christmas Eve and was met by a very scruffy woman who made not attempt to be smart for guests who are paying premium prices. Every body was smartly dressed on Christmas Eve apart from her! Despite giving us free drinks on our last visit and thanking us for our positive reviews ( which was really undeserved) she did not did even recognise us. No customer service for loyal customers obviously. We were offered a table by the bar and close to the front door with other diners coming and going around us all night. We do not expect to pay for over priced food and sit in freezing cold conditions with the front door opening and closing and other diners arriving and leaving and the bar staff carrying drinks next to us all night. We asked to be seated elsewhere and instead of looking for a table for us inside the restaurant the scruffy women ordered me to go and look myself! No customer care whatsoever! Despite visiting this place and leaving underserved positive reviews for food that was overpriced and tasted average at best we felt totally unwelcome and our loyalty and previous positive reviews were totally ignored. The older scruffy woman just cared that there were plenty of customers on Christmas Eve and we were treated like dirt. We decided not to pay premium prices and sit in the freezing cold with the bar staff and other customers walking past us all night and left in disgust. I told the unkept scruffy woman that would be leaving a review on trip advisor and she replied that’s fine as she did not care at all about loyal customers. She was very cocky because on Christmas Eve there were plenty of customers. We will never visit this place again and when the place is empty maybe the older scruffy woman will realise that she should treat loyal customers with care and respect. My partner and I left the place both dressed smart looking forward to a nice meal but we refused to be treated like dirt. We then had the dilemma of what
do we do now. We would have rather starved than stay at the Thai Garden and we very lucky that the Tong Thai restaurant in Kettering found a table for us and my god what a difference. Very friendly welcoming staff and a fantastic meal. Goodbye Thai Garden and ourselves and all our family and friends will be visiting the Tong Thai from now on. Do not be treated like dirt like we were. You have been warned.

1  Thank Martella1964
JoanneT2219, Manager at Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2019

Dear Martella,

It is unfortunately that you had a negative experience so objectively bad that you had to leave such a negative review and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

As any business, calling guests prior to busy days such as Christmas Eve ensures that the guests are reminded of their table and that they are guaranteed their tables when they arrive on time. Whether our guests welcome the call or not is clearly a personal opinion and not to be rudely thrown insults at. We appreciate that you and your partner arrived on time, however, as other guests had arrived at 6PM they were given tables further inside the restaurant purely based on their booking times in relation to yours. Considering it is a holiday date as opposed to your previous visit on a non-holiday date the tables for two will have been taken very quickly so having a table that were you able to successfully book would be considered fortunate. The female staff which greeted you had mentioned that there were no tables for two left within the restaurant and when you did not believe her it was suggested to take a look for yourself.

While we still do appreciate the kind words you had previous spoken we always try our best to thank those customers that do visit us again but you also have to understand that we cannot simply remember the faces of the many hundreds of customers we have between your last visit in August and yesterday. Of course you are entitled to your own opinions and we respect it. However, we did not treat you like the dirt you claim. We tried our best to accommodate to your entitlement.

We are happy you found another restaurant to dine in on Christmas Eve and hope you have better luck with them. Thank you for warning us, we'll be able devote more of our time to our genuine customers that do not leave pity reviews in hopes to be treated better.

Merry Christmas and we hope the New Year treats you well.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

I would eat here again without thinking about it. The beef dish in the imperial set menu for 2 was superb and I could of just had a big bowl of it to my self. The staff are great and they make sure the door is closed quickly to stop the cold air coming in!